Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder will identify learners with protection concerns, establish effective referral mechanism and conduct case management to address protection concerns faced by learners. The desired outcome is to contribute to the safety and protection wellbeing of individual learners, to remove obstacles to learning and to enable learners concentrate on their education. The role holder will also work very closely with counsellors to ensure psychosocial support of learners is provided. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 12 Months.
No of Vacancies: Two (2) Position
Reporting to: CP Coordinator
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in social work / social sciences or equivalent with preferably 5 years work experience in social work or with development-related organizations
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated ability to handle to a large BID/Case management case load
- Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem solving
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience working in multicultural, multi -location, values driven teams.
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Strong understanding and experience of Case management process
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Experience in documenting and presenting BID cases in an interagency panel
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
Deadline 25 Apr 2021 – 23:59 EAT
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents