Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder will coordinate effective implementation of education in the refugee and the host Community, inter-camp coordination, and monitoring of activities. The holder will be responsible for effective budget management and utilization as well as quality internal and donor reporting. The role holder is expected to support in sector integration between child protection and education and provide leadership and guidance to consortium partners at implementation level. The role holder will also be expected to ensure the non-formal education, is implemented in coordination with the wider humanitarian operation in Dadaab and Kakuma camps and the national level education institutions such as KICCD, Ministry of Education and other relevant organanisation. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 12 Months.
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Program Manager
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Degree in Social Sciences, Education in Emergencies, ECD, Development Studies or its equivalent
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in Education, coordination and sector integration with background in refugee set up.
- A blend of teaching and education projects management including proper understanding on Ministry of Education’s quality assurance standards, CBC, curriculum development process and teacher capacity development initiatives.
- Substantial management experience, preferably in emergency Education programmes
- Experience of managing EiE consortias and coordination with government institutions.
- Demonstrable competence in proposal and report writing
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring with minimum of 4 years of budget holding responsibilities.
- Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment.
- High-level communication skills’, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written).
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organization, partners, government and development and humanitarian partners.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Experience in ECHO funded projects is a plus
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child safeguarding Policy
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
Deadline 25 Apr 2021 – 23:59 EAT
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents