Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Territory Manager, BDB East Africa
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The position is accountable for the execution of the BD BioSciences Strategy of the respective territory. It holds full accountability for the sales performance for specific countries as determined by the Senior Business Leader, Life Sciences. The position provides leadership to Clinical/Applications team including dedicated sales associates when part of the team. Provides close collaboration and coordination between the BD BioSciences businesses as well as geographically located functions and co-ordinates all customer and distributor initiatives in the designated territory.
- Executes all aspects of the BDB business strategy for assigned markets to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations.
- Engages the BDB organization in the territory around objectives with customers and distributors for the complete BDB portfolio.
- Supports the implementation of go-to-market plans, including market development initiatives, to ensure effective demonstrate of resources and capabilities.
- Supports the development of marketing plans including BD Biosciences value preposition development, product portfolio management and launching new products.
- Support key financial business processes including revenue updates, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Proactively supervises the financial performance of the territory and communicates any deviations from critical project plans. Ensures implementation of any vital contingency plans and/or corrective actions to optimally mitigate risks.
- Effective distributor management and ongoing review of the distributors in the territory to ensure that we have the right distributors/partners to execute the strategy. Distribution management includes assessing skills and capabilities of distributor sales reps with, mentor and performance management and account prioritization.
- Leads demand generation and pipeline management to support accurate forecasting.
- Where applicable uses the SFDC system to manage the sales force efficiency critical metrics for the territory
- Supervises the order to cash process for the BDB businesses with the territory
- Understands and anticipates external environment trends, and factors that into the execution plans.
- Engages with the external partners, healthcare providers and decision makers to ensure BD understanding of the healthcare agenda and building partnership. Develops understanding and gains acceptance of the BDB value proposition among BD partners.
- Motivates and develops talents within the BDB organization in order to advance the bench strength of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent. An MBA would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals or Diagnostics Industry with proven success in a sales role
- Experience working within the Public or Private healthcare sector in East Africa
- Experience in KOL and Distributor management as well as dealing with Ministry of Health in tender environments across East Africa
- New product/ initiative launch experience
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Ability and willingness to undertake significant travels and on a regular basis international trips.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.