Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated, and dynamic individuals to fill HIV Testing Services Supervisors’ positions for Murang’a, Nyeri and Nyandarua Counties.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the mother facility in-charge, the HTS Supervisors will provide direct support and supervision to HTS providers in the allocated facilities and ensure quality HTS implementation in all the HTS Service Delivery Points (SDPs).
- Scale-up of high yielding HIV identification strategies such as index client testing, testing in TB clinics and IPD in the allocated sites
- Strengthen testing of elicited SPs by supporting HTS providers conduct immediate calling of line listed SPs at the allocated facilities
- Capacity build HTS providers in the allocated facilities to improve SPs’ elicitation beyond spouses. This will be done through sit-ins with providers while doing elicitation and role-plays.
- Work closely with HTS providers at the allocated sites to develop a plan on how to contact and test eligible contacts not yet tested.
- Work closely with facility aPNS teams to ensure rescreening of the special categories (AYPs, HVL clients, TB/HIV co-infected and PMTCT)
- Coordinate and participate in aPNS targeted community testing
- Work closely with the facility HTS Coordinator, facility in-charge and HTS providers to maintain a laminar patient flow, ensuring no HTS missed opportunities
- Ensure implementation of HTS QA measures (QC, Counselor support supervision, client exit interviews, counsellor self-assessment and observed practice) in the allocated sites
- Lead facility HTS teams during aPNS review meetings, discussing complex cases and supporting the peers learn from one another
- Strengthen linkage of newly identified HIV+ clients and enrolment into care, coordinating tracing of those not linked to care
- Coordinate HTS data collection (aPNS and optimization) and reporting from allocated facilities as per the reporting timelines
- Ensure maintenance of well documented HTS lab registers and wall charts in allocated facilities
- Working closely with the County Mentor, Identification & Longitudinal follow-up, identify knowledge gaps among the team and plan for micro-teaching/CME to improve on the noted gaps
- Ensure implementation of clients’ longitudinal follow-up for the first six months by HTS providers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A NASCOP HTS Certificate
- A diploma in a health-related course or Diploma in Counseling Psychology, a degree will be an added advantage
- Certificate in Counselor Supervision
- Minimum of five years of working experience in offering HIV Testing Services.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary and contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title: HTS Supervisor; CHSI/HTSS/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Monday, April 19, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.