Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Officer to provide technical support to varied projects within the ILRI Livestock Genetics program.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
This position will provide technical support to a number of projects including:
- The Livestock CRP country priority initiatives in Uganda (MorePork) and Vietnam (Li-chan), the Uganda Pig Genetics project, and the SLICK dairy cattle project in terms of:
- Development and implementation of surveys, both quantitative and qualitative
- Data analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Development of training material, such as that which will be used by livestock keepers or livestock extension officers
- Supporting the production of varied communication products (inclusive of blogs, videos, reports etc.) for varied audiences (in collaboration with ILRI’s communications team) – Ensuring research compliance for the varied activities being undertaken
- Co-ordinating the implementation of activities with our project team members and partners
2. This position will also support resource mobilisation efforts by performing literature reviews and synthesising information around a specific topic or livestock value chain, amongst others
- Master’s degree in a topic related to agricultural and / or rural development, agricultural development economics, agricultural value chains, livestock production, or related field.
- Three years in a related or similar position
- General knowledge of livestock production systems in developing countries, and R4D approaches to strengthen these
- Experience in the design and implementation of participatory surveys, preferably both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience in designing surveys focused on evaluating the impact of interventions an advantage.
- Experience in analysis, synthesis and reporting of data collected from participatory surveys, preferably both quantitative and qualitative
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written material in English is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to perform desk (literature) reviews on varied topics and produce synthesis reports from these
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13. The position is a One year fixed term contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 19 April 2021. The position title and reference number REF: RO-LG/03/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.