Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Position Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Location: Nairobi
The responsibilities include delivering/managing the annual processes (e.g. Manpower Planning, Performance Management, compensation cycle, Employee Relations) and managing initiatives in the employee employment cycle. The position is also responsible for advising and coaching line managers on HR core programs, processes and policies and ensure that all are implemented in a consistent manner.
This role interacts with Switch TV employees, Suppliers and Line Managers.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
- Internal advisor, technical expert, strategic partner on human resources issues
- Interpretation and enforcement of human capital policies and employment regulations
- A member of the management team.
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions.
- Human Resource Strategy:
Define, own and manage HR strategy including talent acquisition, management, and development. In liaison with the subsidiary HODs to conduct Manpower Planning for the company.
- Performance Management:
Define and develop expectations for work performance including implementing regular performance reviews and reward systems.
- Talent Management:
Evaluate training needs in collaboration with the respective HOD’s, develop the training calendar, source for trainers and ensure training programs are deployed and effectiveness is measured across all departments.
- Employee Relations and Compliance:
Assess and support the company to develop policies in line with both the organizational and employment regulatory stakeholders.
Review and implement organizational rules and regulations in consultation with management.
HR manual, Code of conduct, employment act, health and safety policies, safety policies, etc. Ensure complete implementation of the same.
- Manage Payroll:
Process Payroll on Navition ensuring its accurate, including uploading statutory deductions and ensure they are paid before the deadlines to prevent penalties.
Monitor benefits such as company pension and liaise with the provider to ensure employees are updated accordingly and changes made when necessary.
- Organization Development:
Continuously work on Job Description with the managers to ensure smooth Human Resource Planning and continuity of work. Update organizational structures and communicate the same to the employees
- Change Management:
Conduct continues employee focus group discussions to ensure any changes are implemented with employee ownership.
- Employee Wellbeing
ensure continuous employee Well being by seeking employee opinions on how to improve the organization via surveys. Involve head of departments and supervisors to ensure that their teams are engaged at all times.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Master’s Degree preferably in Human Resources
- Seven years’ experience as a HR generalist
- Certified member of IHRM or a professional HR body & possess Certification to Practice.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
- Good knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and interface with Senior Members and Directors of Switch TV.
- A strong sense of business ethics and literacy including the ability to appropriately handle.
- Confidential information and demonstrate an understanding of Project Management, financial Management, strategic Management, Culture and Performance Management.
- This position Supervises Interns, and also serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Wednesday, 21st April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Switch Tv is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.