Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Provides hands-on implementation support in the areas of IPC and nursing across the OCA portfolio, initially by working on selected missions with inpatient facilities and then rolling out dossiers to other missions as feasible.
MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation . We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation . MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “ témoignage ” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen , we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
Effective immediately the OCA Public Health Department of Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for a:
Implementer Advisor–Infection Prevention & Control and Nursing
Based within Public Health Department with frequent field travel
The Public Health Department of Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing medical and public health leadership for the organisation . The department is responsible for providing strategic direction and integrated advice on medical and public health issues to the field and headquarters and there is a clear need for HQ provided field implementation support. The PHD plays a key role in developing and maintaining the medical humanitarian identity and image of MSF-OCA, and in continuing to develop and improve intervention strategies in order to be relevant and effective.
It consists of a group of generalist Health Advisors (based in Amsterdam and Berlin) and clinical and public health specialists (based in Amsterdam, Nairobi, Dehli and London). Together they provide expertise across a range of fields including infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, mental health, surgery, NCD, nutrition, pediatrics, and vaccination as well as epidemiology, health promotion, laboratory, pharmaceutical quality/medical supply, and water/sanitation.
The global MSF movement is committed to improving the quality of patient care we deliver at the individual patient and population levels, both in our own missions and at the global level. This role focuses on the quality of care in the areas of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Nursing as these areas share commonalities in implementation. This is a transversal role with strong links to as well the AMR dossier. Ensuring a multi-disciplinary approach that is realistic for the contexts in which MSF works and can bring sustainable change in programming and clinical practice.
What will it look like in practice:
Implementation Support :
- Promotes the vision these dossiers as a multidisciplinary areas across OCA
- Identify project needs and prioritise these according to existing improvement plans
- Deliver a realistic and achievable implementation project plan that complements the OCA strategic plans in these areas
- Ensure the implementation plan for the appropriate dossier takes into account the many different objectives / activities of missions and assist projects with prioritisation of activities if overloaded
- Provides a feasible timeframe and support for rotating staff
- In conjunction with colleagues, proposes program activities (intervention strategies) and gives expert advice regarding program set-up;
- Ensure routine evaluation and monitoring reporting as regular intervals
- Contribute to the development of guidelines, protocols, training tools, etc. to support IPC and Nursing implementation
- Primarily support the delivery of on-the job (in the field) as well as other training courses run by MSF as required
- With relevant external specialists and institutions to cooperate and exchange knowledge, to build a network and to represent MSF;
- Work with agreed staff to assist with implementation of IPC and Nursing tools
Education, qualification & experience:
- Nurse with qualification in IPC , or equivalent IPC expertise
- Qualified health professional, experience in quality measure implementation essential
- MSF experience, 2-3 years field based experience is essential
- Current registration/license with relevant national professional body.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed team desirable
- Commitment and passion for the goals of MSF.
Capacities and skills:
- Competent providing expert level advice in the technical area of expertise
- Good people and team management skills, with a style to inspire and develop team members
- Is able to lead and coach teams, and produce timely outputs;
- Good analytical and communication skills are essential, as well as an excellent command of the English language ( verbal and written communication); French or Arabic an asset (Dutch is not necessary);
- Sensitive towards diverse cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under time pressure on various projects and deadlines at any given time;
- Must be willing and able to visit and support projects at short notice, and willing to spend up to 60% of time in the field.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for 12 months with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week). The position may be based in Amsterdam, but we are open to suggestions for other workstations, with preference for overlapping Cental European Timezones (CET).
- In case the work station is Amsterdam, we offer a gross monthly salary in scale 7 between € 3,199.- and € 4,568.- depending on professional experience for this position, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on this page and upload a CV (in English) and letter of motivation as one combined document. (only applications with a motivation will be included in the procedure).
In your motivation letter, please give an example where you contributed to quality improvement.
The closing date for applications is 27th April 2021 at 23h59pm CET.
Selection will be by means of an interview which is provisionally planned for week commencing 10 or 17 May 2021.