Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Production Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Lead development of leader standard work for all leaders (crew leads & asst. mgrs) across the factory.
– Lead development of systems to facilitate daily accountability across all sections in the factory
– Lead execution and adherence evaluation of Leader Standard Work.
– Lead execution of the daily and weekly production schedules
– Lead the production team to execute the production plan for all end products using planned resources and budget
– Lead the Assistant Managers in using the problem solving toolkit to identify, develop hypotheses and propose solutions to deviations from schedule and from the resource plan. From this exercise, lead the team to develop corrective and preventive actions.
– Lead the implementation corrective and preventive actions assigned to you, and ensure that those assigned to your team are resolved on time, and effectively.
– Develop systems/models and metrics to track, monitor and control resource consumption and production schedules
– Lead CAPA to resolve variances from target resource consumption metrics.
– Collaborate with Quality, Maintenance, HSE and support departments to ensure that production is executed on time, in full and to the required level quality, cost, speed, productivity, health, safety and regard for the environment.
– Expected to collaborate effectively with all vendors providing goods and services to the factory with the aim of extracting as much value for the company
– Expected to work closely with the government relations team to manage relationships with govt authorities
– Expected to lead authorized site visits as needed
– Lead production scheduling and resource planning by day, by week, by month and for the rest of the year to match the production plan.
– Lead the production team to execute the plan for all end products as per schedule.
– In case there are variations to plan, identify, develop hypotheses and propose solutions to deviations from schedule and from the resource plan. From this exercise, lead the team to develop corrective and preventive actions.
– Lead analysis, hypothesis and development of innovative initiatives to achieve cost reduction targets, targets on plan adherence and targets around process capability, health, safety and adherence to environmental considerations
– Lead execution of the production plan with budgeted resources.
– Lead execution of plans to achieve cost targets
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
Minimum of 4 years experience working in a factory setting within either of these roles:
– Quality management
– Factory management
Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
- Great collaboration, communication and people skills
Required documents for Shortlisting
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 30th April 2021. Kindly indicate your salary expectations.