Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
Evidence Action is looking for an experienced creative with strong graphic design skills to help visually explain how our programs work and highlight the impact of our interventions. The person hired for this role will also serve as a point of contact to identify human-interest stories in the Africa region in coordination with our country offices in Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Nigeria, and Liberia. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is a member of the External Relations team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications based in Washington, D.C.
** This position is open to Kenyan Nationals
Duties and responsibilities
- Design data-driven infographics in multiple formats.
- Design visual explanatory charts and illustrations of complex technical content.
- Design visual narratives to explain the impact of our interventions.
- Design content for social media.
- Collaborate with team members and consultants with the graphic design, photography, and video production for landing pages, blogs, and other communications products.
- Coordinate with Evidence Action staff across country offices in Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Nigeria, Liberia to source human-interest stories.
- Investigate, report, and produce stories in video, photography, or illustration from across all of our programs in the Africa region.
- Responsible for developing guidance for interview and technical video/photography training to staff across country offices.
- Help create engagement protocols for story-sourcing for our staff in the Africa region.
- Identify placement opportunities for stories in local media for the Africa region.
- Written and spoken communication skills in English. Fluency of other regional languages spoken in Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, Nigeria, or Liberia is a plus.
- Legal ability to work in Kenya is required.
- Strong graphic design skills, with demonstrated ability to generate high quality content for a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to translate complex issues into smart and stunning visuals. Familiarity with data visualization and geographic information systems (GIS) are a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite of tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere.
- Experience with video production and recording. Video editing skills are a plus.
- Experience with photography and editing.
- Interest in the world of evidence-based research, program implementation and policy.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive, and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and meet short deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Familiarity with data visualization and Geographic Information Systems are a plus.
- Primary job as a graphic designer, visual journalist, or data journalist for a development organization, institution of higher education, research center, and/or media organization would be ideal.
- Video production, recording, and editing experience are a plus.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Previous connections in local media is a plus.
- Journalism experience is a plus.
NB: Candidates must attach a portfolio of their visual and graphic work in order to be considered for the role.
Work in close coordination with Africa region country offices and remotely with the External Relations team based in the US office. Occasional meetings late in the evening/early morning to adapt to US/Australia schedules when conducting team meetings. Occasional travel to other country offices/US office.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will work closely with the External Relations team remotely.
This position reports directly to Sr. Communications Manager and will work in close collaboration with the team based in the Kenya country office.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.