Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Financial Institutions investment area, constituting about one third of Norfund’s portfolio, offers risk capital through equity, loans and fund investments to commercial banks, microfinance institutions and other non-bank financial institutions like insurance, leasing and fintech.
The Financial Institutions team in Nairobi is looking for a Associate/Senior Associate to join us. Our primary focus area is Sub Saharan Africa, but we also support the Latin America and South East Asia teams. We are looking for a motivated and skilled colleague who can work with us on all parts of the investment process. The job is varied and includes analysing new debt and equity investments, monitoring existing investments, contributing to operational tasks and maintaining and developing internal models and processes.
The successful candidate should ideally have relevant experience and appropriate qualifications. The new employee will report to the Vice President Financial Institutions – Africa.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Project support in all phases of the investment process, from the assessment of new opportunities through investment to development and exit
- Financial analysis, valuation, financial modelling and preparation of investment proposals and papers
- Conduct investment research, country, and industry analysis
- Assist project manager in active ownership of portfolio companies
- Update portfolio management systems and investment activity report
- Support in the assessment of risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigations
- Travel to potential and existing investments
Specific qualifications for this position
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with financial modelling and ideally investments and/or the financial sector
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- A team player with strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
We can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a be a part of building a sustainable future in developing countries
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- Highly competent and international working environment
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
The position is based in Nairobi. Travelling is required.
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please submit your application and CV by May 5th.