Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRB is looking to engage a Finance Officer based in our Nairobi, Kenya office to provide financial support. The position reports to the Deputy Country Director and primarily supports the PACE project, a USAID-funded cooperative agreement that aims to elevate family planning and population issues in policies and programs as a key to sustainable and equitable growth and development. The position will liaise with Program Finance staff in PRB’s Washington, DC office.
- Prepare monthly bank account and petty cash reconciliations, ensure appropriate expense coding, and submit to the Washington, DC office along with supporting receipts.
- Prepare monthly funding requests to ensure sufficient funding is available for ongoing operations.
- Review travel expense reports for accuracy and compliance with PRB policies.
- Prepare documentation for payment transactions including advances, petty cash disbursements, and invoice payments. In particular:
- Review consultant and vendor invoices for contract compliance and route for electronic approval signatures.
- Monitor advance balances and ensure timely advance reconciliation.
- Ensure all transactions are supported with proper and complete documentation, allowable, and coded appropriately.
- Process wire transfers and other payments through online banking. Manage petty cash.
- File necessary returns and communicate with Kenyan government authorities as needed.
- Assist in procurement of hotels, supplies, consultants, and other vendors in compliance with PRB’s procurement policy and funder terms and conditions. Serve as a point of contact for individual vendors.
- Maintain PRB’s relationship with the bank.
- Coordinate payroll and benefits with PRB’s payroll provider in Kenya.
- Maintain hardcopy records. Compile information requested by auditors during annual office audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least 5 years of related experience, preferably in the international development sector.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, prioritize tasks, and achieve competing deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required. Experience using DocuSign and Salesforce preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
- Please remember to upload resume and cover letter. Only finalists will be contacted.
- We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.