Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lab Technologist, Haematology – (210000L6)
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Section Head Haematology, the Laboratory Technologist will ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality laboratory analytical services in the Laboratory.
- Receive and analyze Haematology/special Haematology specimens.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls in Haematology/special Haematology to ensure validity of reports.
- Manage routine and planned preventive maintenance of equipment in Haematology.
- Perform tests with maximum efficiency ensuring maximum utilization of reagents and time following laid down standard operating procedures.
- Communicate urgent/critical/abnormal test results within recommended period of time and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Observe/comply with Health & Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Participate in continuous medical education
- Receive specimens for Immunohaematology and carry out appropriate testing observing internal quality checks to ensure validity of test results.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures in Haematology and Immuno-haematology.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or designee.
- Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board is mandatory;
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ working experience;
- Demonstrable computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness
Deadline is 30th April,2021