Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Section Head Histology, The Laboratory Technologist will ensure provision of effective, efficient and quality analytical Histopathology/Cytology services in the Laboratory.
- Receive Histology and Cytology specimens.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls on all processes in Histology/Cytology.
- Monitor and manage routine and planned preventive maintenance of equipment in Histology/Cytology section.
- Communicate urgent/critical/abnormal test results within recommended period of time and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Carry out all processes with maximum efficiency utilizing reagents appropriately by following laid down standard operating procedures to achieve the expected turn-around time.
- Observe and comply with Health and Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Prepare stains/reagents and maintain appropriate documents to demonstrate batch to batch validation.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures in Histopathology and Cytology.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Participate in continuous medical education
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor or designee.
- Higher Diploma in Medical Lab Sciences or equivalent;
- Registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board is mandatory;
- Competent in Tissue blocking, Trimming, sectioning, staining and archiving;
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
Deadline is 30th April, 2021