Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Front Office Coordinator, The Front Office Receptionist will receive patients at the laboratory reception, bill them, give appointments, answer their queries, receive specimens and dispatch specimens to various sections of the department.
- Receive patients and answer their enquiries at the reception.
- Receive all patients’ request cards for both in-patients and out-patients.
- Receive specimens from out-patients and counter check with request forms prior to charging the patient appropriately.
- Receive all in-patients’ specimens after checking all the details both on request forms and samples prior to raising a charge note.
- Distribute samples to sections.
- Participate in quality improvement, patient safety initiatives and continuous medical education.
- Receive and process cash payments and credit card payments from patients and raise appropriate receipts.
- Bill credit patients with corporate accounts.
- Book appointments and give instructions for various test collections that require prior booking.
- Ensure correct data entry in the reception computers and keep updated backup systems for use in event of failure of computer system.
- Organize for donors to be attended to and direct them to the Donor Unit.
- Process cancellations and refunds.
- Performing any other duties as directed by the Front Office Coordinator, Pathology Manager or designee
- Certificate in Front Office management or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 (two) years working experience;
- Demonstrable computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
Apply by 30th April, 2021.