Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Today there are almost 100,000 teachers, alumni and staff working across nearly 60 countries in the Teach For All network. We know that each local context is unique, but that similarities in the nature of the challenges facing children from place to place mean that solutions are often shareable. We have seen how much faster local leaders can move when they are exposed to what is possible in other contexts. Therefore, one of our biggest organizational priorities is to build an interconnected, global community of these teachers, staff and alumni who are learning from and supporting each other.
To support this effort, we launched our Connectivity Team in 2018 with a mission to build the world’s largest network of local leaders in education who are learning from and supporting each other in pursuit of transformational progress for children. The team embraces an agile approach to radically scale connectivity and learning across the network. They focus on building a strong global network value proposition, fostering the leadership of network connectors, and launching experiments to support hundreds of smaller, sub-communities to self-organize locally, regionally and globally. As a result, thousands of local leaders in our network are sharing innovations, learning and support with peers in different contexts, and becoming better equipped to support the children they work with to overcome the challenges of tomorrow, shaping a better future for themselves, and for all of us.
Across the world, many of our 100,000 members are working in similar impact-focused careers, or share common interests related to improving education and outcomes for children. Often they are grappling with similar challenges and opportunities and want to learn from other contexts. Technology remains one of the biggest underutilized opportunities to unleash this connectivity and learning across our global network.
The Director, Online Communities will develop and implement a strategy to enable these individuals to connect and learn from one another virtually, by creating thriving Teach For All network communities on platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack and Twitter. As well as building these large, engaging network-wide communities, the post-holder will also collaborate with other members of the Connectivity team, to share their expertise in virtual community building with over 50 much smaller, sub-communities of teachers, alumni and staff, who are already connecting in WhatsApp or Facebook groups around specific topics (e.g. social entrepreneurship, girls education), to help them to improve the engagement within these existing smaller, virtual communities. As a result, every member of our global network will have access to a safe and inclusive network-wide Teach For All community on the social networking platform(s) they use, where they can engage with and learn from many others on a range of different issues and opportunities. In addition, there will be thriving, smaller virtual sub-communities, organized around specific topics, whose members are also engaging regularly to learn from, and support each other.
The ideal candidate will have considerable expertise and experience in building virtual communities and community management on social networking platforms. They will also have experience sharing this expertise effectively with others in order to develop their skills and capacities. They will have exceptional relationship management skills and be able to effectively mobilize volunteers. To be successful in the role, they will need to be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the organization and have very strong communication skills. Due to the size and scale of our network, and the number of communities, they must also be highly organized and be able to navigate the complexities that come from working in a diverse global environment.
- Design and execute Teach For All’s strategy to build thriving, network-wide Teach For All communities on the biggest social network. This will involve working closely with volunteers from our network, and collaborating with teams across the organization (70%);
- Provide direct support through coaching, training and developing new resources to ensure each smaller Teach For All subject-specific sub-community has a strong, safe and inclusive virtual platform (e.g. Facebook group/ WhatsApp group/ LinkedIn group) where their members are engaging regularly to support one another (20%);
- Work closely with the Director – Data & Impact and the Director – Storytelling to understand how engagement within the virtual communities is driving local impact for Teach For All members (10%);
- Contribute to the formation of a highly motivated, high achieving and fun, new team, by bringing your energy and ideas, and collaborate with the rest of the team to build a positive team culture and a productive, happy team
You will work in an entrepreneurial, impact focused environment with the opportunity to make a tremendous difference to our global network, and the children we work with.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Extensive previous work experience in virtual community building, community management and optimising social networking platforms for network building;
- Proven track record of designing, starting and growing virtual communities from scratch;
- Ability to effectively teach and coach others in virtual community building;
- Experience training and mobilizing community volunteers;
- Strong self-starter, quick learner and problem-solver, who can work independently, in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills as the post-holder will need to collaborate with multiple teams and volunteers across the organization and network;
- Experience working in diverse global environments, and ability to adapt approach to work successfully with different groups of people;
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, manage and execute multiple projects effectively;
- English is required; Spanish language skills are strongly desired but not required for the role;
- Experience as a Teach For All network alumni is desired but not required for the role;
- Committed to Teach For All’s purpose and vision;
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel possible, approximately 10% when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter directly online.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of over 50 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.