Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This key member of the Global People Operations team will be responsible for providing the full spectrum of People Operations (HR) services managing a variety of processes, programs and practices, including: employee onboarding, shared services, compensation, immigration, payroll, benefits, and compliance for 150 talented employees across the United States and global locations of hire (Americas, Africa, APAC, Europe and the Middle East). This is an individual contributor position and is part of the 4-person Global People Operations team.
Manager, Global People Operations is a highly visible, employee facing role for a candidate that thrives on collaboration; comfortable with managing various work-streams simultaneously, excellent attention to detail and someone with an analytical orientation. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be willing to learn and grow with the team as they strive to support staff members across 20+ locations worldwide. The candidate will have passion for all things people-related, comfortable with working remotely and across multiple time-zones, and a colleague who thrives in a highly responsive and flexible environment while being committed to quality, equity, collaboration, and excellent customer service. As a trusted advisor to employees and managers across the global organization, supports the Head Of Global People Operations with sensitive employment and employee relations matters with a hands-on, positive approach towards mitigation and resolution.
This dynamic role is part of Teach For All’s Human Resources team (called Global People Operations) reporting to the Head Of Global People Operations, and working in close collaboration with a diverse team of three.
- Execute on the compensation strategy for the organization by project managing the evolution of the current system (with support from internal stakeholders) including: compensation design, benchmarking compensation ranges, and experience utilizing online Compensation Management software.
- Collaborates with the people operations and talent acquisitions teams, and hiring managers to make compensation recommendations for job postings, promotions, and relocations/moves.
- As a trusted advisor to employees and managers across the global organization, supports the Head Of People Operations with sensitive employment and employee relations matters with a hands-on, positive approach towards mitigation and resolution.
- Develops employee communications and messaging across all forums (drafting/editing team specific messaging, developing internal facing content, presentations and research)
- Supports the Head Of People Operations with development of best-in-class practices and policies that are aligned with the organizations diversity, equity and inclusion values.
- The ideal candidate will be expert in:
- a) US payroll (multi-state jurisdiction; end-to-end processing) and benefits management with thorough understanding of US labor laws; OR
- b) expert in global multi country payroll, compliance and benefits management working with professional employer organizations (PEO’s or EOR’s)
- Provides functional and technical expertise related to payroll and benefit processing.
- Accurately tracks, processes and administers all payroll activities such as salaries, statutory deductions, retroactive payments, severance, off-cycle payrolls, manual checks, shadow payrolls, taxable and non-taxable benefits and all other special compensation matters.
- Supports the team with onboarding, new hire setup/exits in the payroll system, HRIS and various internal trackers and systems.
- Analyzes payroll discrepancies and works with employees in resolving payroll related issues in a swift, responsive manner.
- Critically reviews and evaluates people operations processes and procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations and regulatory compliance.
- Responds to employee inquiries with a sense of urgency, in a kind and empathetic manner, ensuring that staff member’s needs and concerns are addressed.
- Supports the team with immigration matters (support materials for visa applications, coordinating with Teach For All’s immigration attorneys, managing Teach For All’s e-verify program).
- Supports the team with compliance processes across the US, UK and global locations of hire including but not limited to: discrimination testing, various audits, P11D, P60, W2, 1095C’s etc.
Education & Experience
- We seek someone who has experience and enthusiasm for taking full responsibility and ownership of the job responsibilities listed above;
- 6 – 10 years of proven professional experience in an equivalent role within HR, Finance and/or People Operations;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with United States local, state, and federal payroll tax regulations and benefits administration, OR in experience working with global payroll administration such as PEO’s, local employers of record and expat payroll linked processes is a must;
- Experience within the non-profit sector is also preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong execution and data analysis skills
- Strong organizational, attention to detail skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven highly-collaborative environment while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Ability to track and analyze abundant amounts of data
- Excellent understanding of HR systems, payroll systems, data workflows and root cause analysis
Strong client and stakeholder management
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Exceptional customer service orientation and understanding multiple perspectives
- Ability to build strong, authentic and collaborative relationships with diverse individuals, and influence and motivate external vendors who are located in different locations, time zones, across cultures
Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Deeply committed to Teach For All’s core values and mission
- Open to constructive feedback and incorporates feedback quickly
- Ability to adapt and improve current systems/processes and create new ones
- Curious and strong desire to learn
- Ability to adapt, navigate and drive towards impact in ambiguous or changing situations with resilience
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter directly online.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of over 50 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.