Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Market System Advisor – IMARA
Reporting to : Program Director
Grade Level : 15
Purpose of Position
The Market Systems Advisor will be responsible for ensuring successful implementation of IMARA Program through providing technical and strategic leadership of the market systems development functions. He/She will lead, advice and contribute to the research, design, development, implantation, monitoring and evaluation of Market Systems and Financial Inclusion Initiatives within IMARA Program and provide technical support to the Livelihood & Resilience Technical Program in the use of natural resources more sustainably and promote resilience in four counties of Samburu, Laikipia, Isiolo and Marsabit.
Technical leadership and program support for Value Chains, Market Systems and Economic Development 40%
- Provide technical leadership to markets systems development initiatives within IMARA program, with a particular focus on sustainable natural resources-based value chains (VCs), collective marketing/aggregation, market contracting and warehouse receipting, and financial inclusion including access to credit, and risk transfer approaches (e.g. Index-based Livestock Insurance or simply IBLI), and input / output markets in all the four Program Counties
- Establish dialogue and partnerships among local business services providers, lead firms, and trade associations and other relevant market actors to facilitate access to support services and to development, financial inclusion and other outcomes related to rural commercialization within the Program;
- Provide technical input, training, mentoring and support to IMARA Program staff working in sustainable natural resources-based VCs , market systems development and Financial Inclusion though both Savings for Transformation and other savings and loans approaches;
- Advise in the programming of new market-focused approaches suitable for sustainable natural resources based VCs and markets development within the IMARA Program context
- Identify viable and sustainable niche markets for natural; resources-based value chains including non traditional wood products such as gums and raisins and link them to producers’ groups in respective counties;
- Work with target actors to provide opportunities to participate in entrepreneurial/ innovations/ capacity building or training, as well as other market-based opportunities by building linkages
- Ensure partnerships in sustainable natural resources-based VCs, Market Systems, and Financial Inclusion are appropriately documented, and organizationally embedded, with clear objectives defined for both WV, NRT, SEI and the respective County Governments and;
- Contribute learning centers for continued quality Programming within WVK.
- Provide technical support to developing market systems programming.
Apply before 23rd,April 2021