Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equipped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
The Hospital is located along Northern Bypass Rd. near Kahawa West, Nairobi. We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Medical Oncologists KUTRRH/DCSGMONCO/284
The Medical Oncologist job exists to coordinate and provide specialized medical oncology services, coordinate research and training and advise the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for all medical oncology services and resources required in the oncology unit and participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning of the hospital.
- Coordinate the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the oncology unit within its vision, mission and culture, and other national and international healthcare and frameworks.
- Coordinate and provide medical oncology services and service delivery in the oncology unit of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Coordinate medical oncology referral services within and without the hospital according to the oncology needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Supervise medical oncology staff together with their services, in the oncology unit of the hospital to ensure that they offer timely oncology services within the expected standards, complying with the established ethics and regulations in the hospital.
- Coordinate and provide medical oncology research and training within the hospital.
- Offer specialized medical oncology services advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the general public in the appropriate media.
- Work with other medical specialties to solve single or multiple medical issue(s) when required in the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and achievement of the oncology unit and services, research and training programmes in the hospital, prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in Medical Oncology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
- Proficiency in computer applications
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a Medical Oncologist in a reputable hospital.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Team player
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official emails/ telephones.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.