Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equipped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
The Hospital is located along Northern Bypass Rd. near Kahawa West, Nairobi. We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
The Psychiatrist’s job exists to coordinate and provide specialized services, coordinate research and training and advise the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing mentally sick patients through interviews, observations, tests, and medical history reviews.
- Developing comprehensive treatment plans and prescribing medication as needed.
- Consulting with other medical professionals and psychologists.
- Regularly following up with the patient to check progress and adjust the treatment plan as needed.
- Thoroughly documenting each patient’s diagnosis, symptoms, medication, treatment effectiveness, etc.
- Providing patients with emotional support and strategies to help manage their disorder.
- Researching new developments in psychiatry and mental health.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in Psychiatry from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least three years of working experience as a Psychiatrist in a busy hospital.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Team player
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official emails/ telephones.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.