Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
GENERAL MANAGER PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SERVICES –KET 2REF:KETRACO/5/1C/40/122/VOL I –B(1 POSITION) ON CONTRACT TERMS OF FIVE (5) YEARS RENEWABLE ONCE
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for power transmission system planning, project development, wayleave and land acquisition to ensure development of a robust, reliable, efficient and cost-effective power transmission system.
- Providing leadership to Staff in the Directorate;
- Overseeing formulation of electricity transmission projects, power system planning, power system studies and development of projects;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of policies and strategies relating to Project Development Services;
- Guiding the execution of transmission planning, system studies, development of projects, Monitoring & Evaluation processes, to ensure a reliable and robust national grid in the short-term and long-term while ensuring stable regional interconnection;
- Overseeing surveying, mapping and GIS, environmental safeguards and sustainability, social safeguards and resettlement, valuation, land and wayleave acquisition to facilitate construction of high voltage transmissions lines;
- Advising Management on matters relating to Project Development Services;
- Directing the formulation of technical guidelines and standards in power system studies, project development, transmission planning and M&E by the application of engineering principles;
- Advising Management on technical aspects of the company’s Transmission Master Plan (TMP) to inform the capital expenditure requirements, timelines and sequencing of power transmission infrastructure;
- Articulating electricity transmission plans and interests in line with sectoral, national and regional transmission plans;
- Mobilizing resources through Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and Public- Private Partnership (PPP);
- Coordinating the company’s Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Private Initiated Investment Projects (PIIP);
- Representing the company in technical committees of regional transmission planning Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) and East Africa Community (EAC) and national transmission planning (LCPDP) and Integrated National Energy Plan (INEP) and other sectoral committees;
- Coordinating the Monitoring and Evaluation of the outcomes and impact of completed transmission infrastructure;
- Overseeing internal processes and workflows for operational effectiveness;
- Proposing the Directorate’s annual budget, procurement and work plans;
- Managing the implementation of risk mitigation measures and updating of the
- Directorate’s Enterprise Risk Register;
- Managing staff job performance and evaluation, career development, capacity building and deployment of skills;
- Accounting for resource use in line with prevailing laws, policies and regulation;
- Providing oversight in quality assurance for the Directorate;
- Ensuring compliance with national and international environmental, safety standards and social safeguards in implementation of high voltage transmission projects;
- Preparing and implementing the Directorate’s annual budget, work plan and
- procurement plan;
- Liaising with Ministry of Energy and National Treasury and Planning on the transmission infrastructure investment plan for resource mobilisation;
- Appointing the Directorate’s staff in Project Implementation Teams and nominate staff
- to local & regional energy sector committees;
- Reviewing and approving feasibility studies for high voltage transmission infrastructure;
- Preparing and submitting board papers and periodic status reports;
- Reviewing and approving project monitoring and evaluation reports for submission to Management and Project Financiers;
- Identifying and recommending wayleave acquisition and purchase of substation land;
- Approving submission of Environmental Social Impact assessment (ESIA) study reports and periodic environmental compliance reports to National Environment Management Authority (NEMA);
- Recommending for approval wayleave acquisition compensation payments;
- Submitting Departmental periodic reports;
- Reviewing and approving project Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) reports for submission to financiers and acquisition of wayleaves;
- Updating Management on pertinent issues regarding wayleave acquisition;
- Coaching and Mentoring staff within the
- Knowledge and relevant experience of not less that twelve (12) years, with at least eight (8) years at senior management level;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Undertaken a leadership development programme/training lasting not less than 4 (four) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Personal attributes such as Communication skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking, Decision making skills, Entrepreneurial skills, Negotiation and mediation skills, Leadership skills, Interpersonal skills, Team player, Knowledge in office automation applications.
Decision Making –Strategic and Managerial Decisions
Working Conditions –Office Setting and field setting
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application;
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment and names of at least three professional referees;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Valid Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); and viii)Current Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
NB: The above documents must be scanned as one continuous PDF for uploading.
In addition to the above
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Those who had earlier applied are encouraged to
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- The company is committed to implementing provisions of the Constitution of Kenya –
Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application to: The Managing Director through our portal accessible through the KETRACO website by Friday 30th April 2021 at 4.30pm East Africa Time. Please note that applications will ONLY be through the portal,
https://ketracogmjobapplications.powerappsportals.com/ hard copies shall not be considered.