Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Makueni County Public Service Board is established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012. The Board was inaugurated on the 5th of August, 2013 as a body corporate with perpetual succession and seal capable of suing and being sued in its corporate name. It is composed of a Chairman, five Board Members and a Secretary all appointed by the Governor with approval of the County Assembly. The Board established its secretariat in 2014 Vision: “A public service that thrives and where performance excels” Mission: “To attract, retain and inspire a result oriented County Public Service” Core Values Integrity Professionalism Fairness and equity Discipline Respect Team work Rallying Cry: “Quality Staff, Quality Service”
Plant Manager at Makueni County Public Service Board
The production manager will play the role of factory manager to handle the routine operation of the factory assisted by other stream specific managers (Production supervisor, Engineering and Maintenance supervisor, Quality Assurance supervisor, marketing manager and Finance, and Administration,). A lean workforce of employees is recommended initially.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing human capital and other resources to meet the production targets.
- Working out and implementing standard operating procedure of production operations.
- Ensuring that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Planning production schedule controlling and adjusting as required.
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- Setting up and monitoring product quality standards,
- Implementing and enforcing quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- Analyzing production and quality control to detect and correct problems,
- Determining and implementing improvements to production process,
- Preparing and maintaining production reports,
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement,
- Estimating production costs, set targets, manages and implement cost controls.
- Ensuring efficient collaboration and coordination between department including procurement, distribution and management
- Performing any other function assigned to you from time to time,
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or chemical and process engineer
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years in food processing, grain handling and milling
- Possess knowledge of raw material and quality systems and standards
- Conversant with ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management Certification
- Conversant with ISO 9001-2015- Quality Management Systems.
- Conversant with ISO 14001-Effective Environmental Management System
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Be computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing, coordination skills
- Time management and attention to details
Method of application
Written applications enclosing Duly filled Makueni County Job Application Form, Current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 30th April, 2021.
- The Job Application Form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board website: http://www.makuenipsb.go.ke
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD