Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Digital Divide Data
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US based non-profit, mission driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are main centres) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
On the business side DDD provides data preparation services to build highly reliable and accurate training datasets for some of the most innovative applications in AI and machine learning today. Our early stage, fast growing, and well-funded machine learning business partners with clients that depend on us to provide quality data labelling, annotation, and enrichment services for computer vision and natural language processing use cases across robotics, sports analytics, aerial imagery, e-commerce, fintech, telemedicine, media, agribusiness, and autonomous vehicles.
About the role
We are looking for a junior software developer who will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle that include gathering and analysing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application systems. The software developer will participate in design meetings and consult with clients (both internal and external) to build, refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs. You will be an early contributor in a growing customer-facing software development team working closely with senior developers, solutions architects, operations managers, and other key members of the organization. There are growth opportunities to work closely with clients and develop novel solutions in robotic process automation, conventional application development, and ML/AI initiatives.
● Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
● Testing and evaluating new programs
● Writing and implementing efficient codes/scripts
● Determining operational practicality
● Developing quality assurance procedures
● Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
● Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
● Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
● Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
● Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
● Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
● Training users
● Degree in Computer science, IT, programming, or related field.
● Professional experience in PostGres, MySQL, React, Pandas, Django, or similar technologies
● Experience with responsive web design, including API and database creation
● Commercial and business awareness and experience
● Hands-on, and with strong execution skills
● Good written and communication skills and high attention to detail
● Passion for innovation, learning, and use of technology to change business
● Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
● An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
● Organized and with excellent time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 23th April 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.