Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, with an industry focus. The aim of KPMG is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, people, and the capital markets. KPMG has a notable ‘African Footprint’ and is well used to serving clients across the continent. Our East Africa practice comprises Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. The Nairobi office serves as the regional coordinating office providing the required networking to facilitate delivery of services on a timely basis to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assist the Managers, Directors and Partners in delivering services to clients in diversified sectors
- Extensive involvement in the provision of general and specialized tax compliance reviews including on corporate taxation, employment taxes, customs and excise, and VAT to check that the clients are complying with the various tax laws
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and Kenya Revenue Authority
- Provide tax structuring and tax consulting advice on various tax matters
- Carry out corporation tax computations and advising clients on the tax liabilities and disclosures
- Manage the preparation and review of clients’ tax returns (PAYE, VAT, corporation tax and withholding tax) to ensure accurate and timely filing of all tax returns
- Undertake tax due diligence and tax health check reviews
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within the stipulated timeframe
- Manage multi-disciplinary client service teams
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Qualified Professional Accountant- CPA(K)/ACCA
- Strong tax technical knowledge across direct and indirect taxes as well as regulatory requirements
- Work experience of between 4 to 8 years in tax consulting
Skills and attributes
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Thrive under pressure and fast pace while delivering high quality deliverables
- A self-driven and result oriented individual able to work with minimum supervision
- Be able to effectively support all aspects of engagement delivery end-to-end
- Open minded and curious about tax and regulatory developments globally
- Excellent business writing skills
- A high standard of integrity
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to tax technical skills, competencies and tools;
- Continuous learning and development;
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams; and
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV on or before 23 April 2021 giving details of your qualifications and experience to email@example.com strictly quote 2021 Senior Tax Associate.
*Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*