Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Natural Justice is an African non-profit organization specializing in environmental justice. Natural Justice uses the law to support communities participate in decisions that affect their land, culture and environment.
Natural Justice has been working with communities, NGOs and government agencies in Kenya since 2009. Together with our partners, we conduct comprehensive research on environmental and human rights law, use community legal empowerment approaches, including community paralegals, to support communities protect their access to lands, resources and traditional knowledge, provide legal advice and training to project partners, comment on environmental impact assessments, and make submissions on law and policy. To learn more about the work of Natural Justice please refer to http://www.naturaljustice.org.
What are we looking for?
NJ seeks a full-time Senior Finance and Operations Officer in Nairobi who will be responsible for the financial management and administrative operations, including procurement, human resource administration, processing and recording of all financial transactions, financial reporting to donors and the Natural Justice Kenya board, managing relationships with suppliers and partner organizations. This position will also be the custodian of organization assets and supervise office administration.
The senior finance and operations officer will report to the Natural Justice Kenya Director and the organizations Chief Financial and Operations Officer based in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be based in our Nairobi office, with travel required on occasion and will be expected to begin work as soon as possible.
What’s on offer?
Natural Justice will offer a competitive salary commensurate with skill and experience. Contract length will be two years, with the expectation of extension dependent upon funding and performance.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Manage organizations cash flow and update the Hub Director and CFO accordingly
• Maintain internal control system to ensure compliance with NJ policies
• Assist in development of institutional and donor proposal budgets & facilitate external audit
• Prepare payments for the service providers
• Timely submission of monthly and annual financial reports; maintenance of proper books of accounts and an up to date register of assets as per NJ policies.
• Manage payroll and tax remissions
• Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures
• Monitor budget implementation and expenditures and communicate outcomes to Hub Director for decision making
• Implement compliance audits, project audits in the hub including coordination with auditors
• Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
• Perform bank and vendor reconciliations and forward to supervisor for decision making
• Provide support in staff salary reviews and updating salary scale structures to ensure competitive Natural Justice salaries.
• Coordinate the administration of staff medical insurance scheme which is inclusive of processing claims and re-imbursements where applicable.
• Manage Natural Justice insurance policies including undertaking research and advising on market trends.
• Supervise other staff working within the Finance and Administration Office.
• Work with the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, Kenya Director and other members of the Kenya management team to ensure smooth running of the organization.
• Supervise and in absence of Admin Officer, ensure smooth running of the office; this includes supporting project logistics for meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Participate in programme meetings and provide clarifications as may be needed from time to time.
• Complete any other duties that may be related to the organization’s overall mandate
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Commerce degree (BCom) and a holder of Certificates in Public Accounting CPA(K) holder
• Qualified accountant with at least five years’ experience in financial accounting
• Membership of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK) will be an added advantage.
• Experience in multi-donor financial accounting and management
• Excellent IT skills, especially use of Excel and other accounting packages
• Proactive approach to work and good self-motivation
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to deal with people from different cultures
• Ability to deal authoritatively with a range of partners and contractors
• Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing demands and circumstances
• Experience in Human Resource Management would be an added advantage
Deadline: 3 May 2021
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Include a motivation letter that indicates why you feel you are the best candidate for this position, a detailed CV with three references. Please ensure that your application as a whole speaks to the required skills, experience, traits and attributes listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck!