Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: LEGAL & PSYCHOSOCIAL PROGRAMME
RCK PURPOSE: RCK is a national NGO that was established in 1998 in response to the increasingly complex refugee situation in Kenya. RCK’s mission is to protect and promote the rights and dignity of refugees, IDPs and other forced migrants through enabling programs of legal aid, awareness creation and advocacy
JOB PURPOSE: To provide legal advice and procedural support to the organization on issues relating to and affecting the refugee community.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to: Assistant Program Officer –Legal and Psychosocial Support
Staff reporting to this post: None
· To offer legal services to asylum seekers, refugees, and members of the host community at RCK’s legal clinic, Kenya Prisons and Police Stations upon instructions by the Supervisor;
· Conduct case interviews and obtain biographical and demographical information on refugees and asylum seekers and members of the host community while making relevant consultations with the programme;
· Offer relevant legal and social advice to refugees and asylum seekers;
· Identify needs and provide requisite support to refugees, asylum seekers, and members of the host community who visit RCK Legal clinic in consultation with programme staff;
· Assist in the day to day running of the Legal Clinic by helping in registration of clients, filing and keying in client information in the data base and any other duties that might be delegated; and
· Participate in RCK’s ongoing projects in other programmes, such as the advocacy campaigns, capacity Building workshops, and research projects when called upon.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1) Bachelors degree in Law
2) Experience in civil and criminal litigation is an added advantage.
3) Experience working with an NGO/Humanitarian field is an added advantage.
4) Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
5) Knowledge of the Kenyan legal system and of regional & international instruments
on refugees and human rights.
Normal working hours are eight hours from 8am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday. This is an internship program that runs for 6 months.
· Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of refugee law, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
· Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili..
· Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
· Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications comprising a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter enumerating how their experience is relevant to the position, and academic testimonials. Applicants should indicate their daytime contact. The applications should be sent by 5.00pm Thursday 29th April, 2021 to:
The Recruitment Committee
Subject Line: “Application for Legal Intern”
Email: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
No hardcopy applications will be accepted.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
RCK is an equal opportunity employer.