Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
Post holder reports to: Executive Director with technical guidance from the Senior Programmes Officer
Staff reporting to this post: Assistant Programme Officers, Project Associates, interns & Volunteers
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host-communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: Contribute to the achievement of RCK mission and vision through designing and delivering knowledge and research infrastructure for RCK that will allow the organization to gather, develop and share knowledge, evidence and good practices from RCK’s strategic interventions and priorities.
- Manage and coordinate the Research and Knowledge Management Program as well as lead and represent the Programme in all RCK activities.
- In charge of developing and managing RCK’s research efforts by conducting research, situational analysis and compiling evidence from existing national, regional and global resources to guide RCK in its programmatic and policy work.
- Identify key knowledge gaps in RCK’s key focus areas and advise the management on key interventions to address the gaps.
- Work proactively with RCK programme teams to identify opportunities for documenting and sharing good practices, success stories, lessons learnt, milestones and results, internally and to RCK’s external stakeholders
- Produce analytical and policy papers including the Refugee Insights magazine in order to share knowledge
- Engage and create collaboration with policy research oriented networks and academia for data analysis, advice and peer review.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on the RCK target audience.
- Write, edit and distribute content including daily media monitoring, publications, annual reports, speeches, website content and other materials communicating the organization’s activities and services to forced migrants and host communities.
- Develop a draft of standards of performance for any RCK research.
- Provide technical guidance to RCK programme teams on how to collect practical and action oriented data and knowledge in relation to RCK’s work and changing context
- Ensure validation of knowledge by partners and key stakeholders so as to strengthen RCK’s knowledge products, policy papers and programmatic interventions.
- Draft and provide technical input to project progress reports, annual reports and work plans
- Work closely with the Executive Director in responding to media inquiries, external communication and arranging for media interviews.
- Establish and maintain RCK media contacts.
- Manage RCKs social media accounts and ensure that they are vibrant and active.
- Conduct media sensitization on refugees through open days and media encounters
- Assist the Executive Director to build RCK corporate identity through ‘standardization’ of all RCK information and publicity materials
- Management and continuous building / expansion of the RCK resource materials.
- Coordination of production of RCK publications, this included liaising with printers ensuring quality control and timely deliver to RCK offices.
- Identifying potential local funds and participate in development of proposals
- Attend workshops, conferences and meeting in this field and ensure the report from these activities are disseminated to other programmes.
- Support in building/re-designing an M&E system in close cooperation with M&E Officer
- Oversee the co-ordination of internal demonstration of implementation of the M&E system
- Support the IT officer in implementation of daily duties
- Participating in RCK’s Senior Management meetings
- Supervision of RKM programme staff.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Information Science, Human Rights, Development Studies, public administration, humanities and social sciences or related field.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in knowledge development and research, information, high level editorial work, management of social media in a similar role in an NGO or large organization.
- Experience in proposal and report writing.
- Excellent project management skills including demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires flexibility in schedule and travel within the country and in the region. The job requires long hours and can be complex and stressful.
- A team player, able to maintain good relationship with both internal and external contacts
- Should be able to think creatively
- Ability to work independently
- Strong networking skills in an intercultural setting (cross Cultural Sensitivity)
- Active listening. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Key Aspects to be Evaluated:
Programme outputs and outcomes
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email and telephone contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Wednesday 28th April 2021. Only
successful candidates will be contacted.
RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Recruitment Committee
Subject Line: “Application for Programme Officer – Research and Knowledge Management”