Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Coordinating closely with the Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the Nawiri project. The Accountant will utilize the appropriate systems and follow proper RTI and USG accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds. This position will process staff travel advances, review expense reports, facilitate vendor payments, enter transactions in Quick Books, support VAT refund applications, and manage petty cash. This is anticipated to be a one-year position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and in compliance with organizational policy.
- Prepares payment vouchers related to project activities and supplier invoices, ensuring payments are in accordance with organizational policy and procedure; accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents; and correctly coded to appropriate expenses accounts and project codes.
- Ensures journal vouchers and adjusting journals have necessary reviews and approvals.
- Provides support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package for the project.
- Assists the Finance and Administration Manager in addressing monthly financial reports review comments raised by the compliance team.
- Reviews sub-awardee financial documents and ensure all invoices are accurate and properly supported.
- Maintains petty cash and facilitates petty cash payments.
- Issues payments to workshop/research participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor.
- Assists with VAT refund applications and follows up with vendors for the refund checks.
- Supports tracking of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking and record keeping.
- Ensures adequate filing of finance documents.
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA Finalist will be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.