Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Commercial (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Credit & Savings Product Manager.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >40 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial Team works with the M-Pesa leadership across our 7 OpCos to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products, and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams, and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
M-Pesa is now making strides to strengthen its offering to businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to get onboarded and to accept M-Pesa payments across channels, including in-store payments, online payments, and payments through social media. One of our hypotheses is that offering merchants’ credit will be an important driver for them to accept M-Pesa over cash.
Why this role is tailored for you
You’ll be able to horn your skills in business case development and prioritizing product roadmap across different markets.
Exposure to C-suite and executive level to influence and execute the plan.
Key Role Responsibilities
Champion Financial Services Product Strategy & Execution
- Build business cases for different financial services for merchants (credit, savings & collaborate with leads for insurance & wealth management)
- Help drive & prioritise the merchant financial services roadmap incorporating industry and customer research and feedback from launch to evolve product offerings
- Be a customer advocate; ensure the voice of customers across different segments is central to new product development
- Rally local product creation colleagues to drive timely results – developers, business analysts, architects, delivery managers, operations support, etc.
- Support business development through your product knowledge with relevant 3rd parties, e.g. banks, MFIs etc, to help negotiate key commercial and product terms. Local markets and business development leads will have primary accountability.
Focus on execution of Financial Service releases to drive revenue
- Work with M-Pesa Africa and local regulatory teams to give inputs needed to drive regulatory approvals for product releases
- Collate, analyse and share data from product performance to improve on market execution and support MPA refine platform capabilities
- Review market go-to-market plans and proactively support them to drive execution.
Build “trusted advisor” relationship with M-Pesa markets
- Convene, document, and share best practice between markets to stream-line launches, e.g. map business processes, T&C’s, customer care training
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Over 3 years of professional experience, ideally either with payment acquiring or at a bank or other financial services business.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of building business cases
- Experience in product management; especially within agile methodology
- Demonstrated commercial acumen with analytical bend of mind
- Strong knowledge of mobile money, fintech and financial services
- Ability to engage and influence C-suite executives-good communicator
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and future direction of regulatory environment across Africa
We are happy if you have:
- Contagious passion for, and commitment to driving mobile money growth and innovation
- Expertise in designing digital user experiences
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 28, 2021
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.