Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become Communications Officer for SOS Children’s Villages – National Office.
Key Functions of the Job
The Communications Officer will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated communications strategy that positions and meets SOS Children’s Villages Kenya’s fundraising, publicity and communications objectives as a leading child welfare organization.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts with key print and broadcast media nationally and proactively facilitate media coverage of SOS CV’s successes
- Work with SOS Children’s Villages Kenya facilities staff to supply factual stories, photographs and video to local, national and international media and other outlets in a timely, proactive and professional manner
- Develop high quality, well researched, and well written communications and media products (e.g. annual reports, newletters, success stories, tweets, blog and Facebook post, brochures, posters, banners, press releases, speeches, etc.)
- Identify key media and key journalists and foster the relationship with them to proactively position the organisation ́s topics and messages in the national news agenda
- Organise crisis communications in close cooperation with the national crisis management team, act as an information hub to regional and international offices.
- Manage internal and exteran communication of the organisation
- Facilitate trainings on communications for other staff in the organization
- Ensure that the MA coherently and consistently applies the branding in the office, villages, communications materials, and projects
- Produce news and feature stories, publicity materials, press releases, photographs, videos, partnership marketing resources
- Cordinate online marketing activites to boost digital fundraising
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) for the MA; Proactively manage the generation and posting of content on the sites; Design and implement strategies to increase the number of followers at each site,
- Regularly and proactively document best practices and lessons learned from program implementations, package them into communications materials and disseminate to the right audiences,
- In liason with facility heads,produce news and feature stories, publicity materials, press releases, photographs, videos, partnership marketing resources and other strategic and targeted communications materials as required.
- Design and desk top publishing of SOS Children’s Villages Kenya fact sheets, reports, brochures and newsletters.
- Research and produce internal and external communication content for the organization and SOS Kinderdof global communications as required for various purposes.
- Design and publish campaign materials to support both online and offline fundrasing campaigns
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations and related fields
- More than 3 years progressive experience performing a similar role
- Experience in private sector engagement and partnership building
- Partnership building and ability to build and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleague, donor contacts and peer organisation
- Proven experience in proposal writing, concept development, and business cases;
- Proven ability to develop, drive and support end to end business development processes;
- Proven results based client/donor relationship management;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and supportively without the need for close supervision;
- Analytical and conceptual skills
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager
to reach us on or before 26th April 2021
by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.