Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become Fund Development Officer for SOS Children’s Villages – National Office.
Key Functions of the Job
The Fund Developent Officer will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Promote SOS CV Kenya and seek partnerships, event sponsorship and fundraise for SOS CV programs
- Develop concept notes, negotiate partnerships and funding from corporates and local sponsors
- Conceptualize, implement and monitoring online and offline fundraising events and campaigns
- Servicing of all corporate donors in a timely manner to ensure maximum retention.
- Support Fund Development & Communications Manager in evaluating activities against key performance indicators and use the information gained to improve and raise net income.
- Document and keep records, databases, results and experiences of all associations with funding organisations and companies to ensure continuity and inform future decisions and actions.
- Support all facility heads in fundraising activities and ensure that funds and donations-in-kind received are accounted for.
- Maintain constant contact with local sponsors, keeping them informed of developments and activities within the National Association.
- Build a long-term relationship with donors by nurturing their engagement and trust in the impact of our work. Fundraising products and services based on knowledge of donors’ expectations and reasons for giving and effective donor’s service.
- Compile periodic reports for the department (monthly, quarterly, annual reports) andsupport budget management for the depratment.
- Continually publicise SOS Children’s Villages Kenya, informing all stakeholders through relevant communications packages on situations; gather data, network with other NGOs, UN agencies and other SOS Children’s Villages Kenya like-minded organisations.
- Provide fundraising training and related support to the facility heads as the principal location lead, and/or any other key staff as required.
- Develop location fundraising support plan and contribute to the startegic and annual plan
- Support locations to develop locational FR plan and contribute to the strategic and annual plan.
- Support the Fund Development & Communication into to the SOS CV KE Resource Centre.
- Maintain chronological filling of departments documents and library.
- Maintain close contacts with the Fundraising & Communications Manager and communications staff within the organisation.
- Monitor trends and developments that may have a bearing on SOS Children’s Villages Kenya Fundraising, Publicity & Communications activities.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, International relations or Marketing.
- More than 3 years progressive experience performing a similar role
- Experience, in interdisciplinary areas within human rights and international development
- Experience in private sector engagement and partnership building
- Partnership building and ability to build and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleague, donor contacts and peer organisation
- Proven experience in proposal writing, concept development, and business cases;
- Proven ability to develop, drive and support end to end business development processes;
- Proven results based client/donor relationship management;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and supportively without the need for close supervision;
- Analytical and conceptual skills
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager to reach us
on or before 26th April 2021
by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.