Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: BMZ OD Regional Programme Assistant, WWF-Kenya (50% FTE)
Reports to: BMZ OD Programme Coordinator, WWF-Germany
Date: May 2021
Career Level: Assistant Level 2
I. General information: WWF-Kenya through a strategic partnership with WWF-Germany have reached a mutual agreement to host on behalf of the WWF network a Regional Organization Development programme in its office in Nairobi, Kenya. WWF-Germany has been providing Organizational Development support to the WWF network globally for over 10 years.
In 2019, WWF-Germany together with other WWF offices in Africa successfully secured a grant from the German Government through BMZ to capacity build civil society organizations that work in partnership with WWF in the conservation space. The programme titled ‘The way to independence – Strengthening civil society through an organisational development approach’ will run for 3 years covering Kenya, Zimbabwe, Madagascar and Zambia.
II. Main Purpose and Scope of Role: Under the direct supervision of the BMZ OD Programme Coordinator, the position holder will take responsibility for the Administration support and executing effective and efficient administration, logistics and asset control management maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations of WWF-Kenya and the respective donor regulations.
III. Roles and responsibilities:
- General administrative & logistic support of the program coordination: travel and meeting organization and support
- Support learning & sharing: exchange, networking, further development of support measures etc.
- Support the communication with partners, donors & WWF network and other interested stakeholders
- Support the regional exchange module of program & steering group, e.g. organization of workshops / meetings,
- General communication support, preparation communication materials
- Assist in the development of training modules and other programme related activities
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Fluent English and fluent German is a must, Knowledge in Kiswahili and French is an asset
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure in a multi-cultural setting
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High personal integrity and good work ethics
- Standard IT skills (MS Office etc.), social media skills
- Work experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role for at least 1 year
- Proven experience working with donor financed projects / NGOs, experience working with German donors is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in administration and office management
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or similar
Internal: Interacts with all WWF-Kenya staff and relevant WWF Germany staff
External: Interacts with the project teams and implementing partners in Kenya, Zambia, Madagascar and Zimbabwe, interacts with relevant WWF International staff; interacts with BMZ / Bengo as the primary donors of the programme
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 25th April 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.