Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Project Driver – Eastern Mau-Nakuru Sub-landscape Programme
Reports to: Eastern Mau-Nakuru sub landscape Coordinator
Career Level: Operational support
To drive and ensure the safety of staff and WWF Kenya clients including maintenance of the organization vehicles.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and that the vehicle is in good condition before use;
- Carries out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time;
- Maintains an up to date records of vehicle fuel, mileage and service costs;
- Ensures all vehicle reports are done on a monthly basis and submitted on or before the scheduled date;
- Compiles car maintenance log for every vehicle capturing all repair, parts, labour and maintenance details.
- Respects and maintains the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security;
- Facilitates WWF Kenya staff movement using the assigned vehicle to the field projects.
- Reports any incident that involves injury, damage to any passenger, pedestrian or third-party property immediately, in line with WWF Kenya’s policies and procedures.
- Handles any emergency which may arise, including following procedures in the event of such emergencies including vehicle fire.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Basic mechanic skills
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Basic first aid skills
- Strong command of English and Kiswahili.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multi-cultural setting;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Swahili;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
- 5 years’ work experience in a reputable International NGO or Government agency.
- Conversant with the geography of conservation area(s), particularly the Kenya Rift Lakes Region;
- O’ Level Certificate
- Driving license or permit classes B, C, D, E
- Certificate in Defensive Driving Training
Internal: Interacts with relevant project staff.
External: Interacts with Government (National & County) Ministries and department, External Consultants, Service Providers and suppliers and Regulatory Bodies.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than May 7th, 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational need.