Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality College) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment.
BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
Position Title: Part Time Lecturer
Reporting to: Head of Academics
Job Location: Nairobi
As a lecturer, you will be responsible for coordinating and teaching several courses specifically Facilities Management and Resort Management.
- To teach at a diploma level in areas allocated by the Head of Academic Affairs
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor students’ records, achievements and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at building inter-disciplinary collaboration within the department.
- To participate in the development , administration and marking of exams and other assessments
- To provide pastoral care and support to students,
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programme of study and other activities as requested.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong knowledge of subject areas combined with a broad subject background
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent leadership and management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Areas of Specialization/related field of study
- 3-5 years proven experience teaching at post-secondary level
- Experience in room divisions or operations management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suites especially PowerPoint
- A deep understanding of commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Thursday, 22nd April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: BIHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.