Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Toronto, Canada, Nairobi, Kenya, Kigali, Rwanda, and Accra, Ghana. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. By enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure and sustain decent work, we will enable tangible and intrinsic improvements to their well-being. By 2030, we want to see an Africa where young people, particularly young women, have decent and fulfilling work. Where everyone can acquire the education and skills they need to find meaningful work and contribute to their societies. Where everyone is financially included and has access to relevant, affordable, and local financial services that they need to manage their daily lives, grow their businesses, and achieve their dreams. Most importantly, we want to see an Africa with a thriving private sector and where governments address the needs of their populations through well-designed and implemented policies and programs, and where the continent is self-reliant and driving its own development.
The Foundation values innovative and fresh thinking as it strives to become a global thought leader. Its work is achieved by a strategic, nimble and adaptable team with a proactive and results-oriented approach to its philanthropic activities. The organization’s culture is shaped by people who are driven and passionate about the Foundation’s mission.
Reporting to the Accounting Lead based in Toronto, with a day to day reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting in the regional office, the Accountant will work closely with the Accounting team as well as with other departments within the Foundation to support the day to day activities as well as aspects of month-end and year-end closing. A key aspect of this role will be to improve the efficiency of the Accounting team’s processes using technology.
In addition to supporting day to day accounting activities, this role will also support the Head of Finance and Accounting with building the accounting and operations infrastructure in the regional hub as part of a multi-year growth strategy. This will include supporting the development of our systems, procedures and internal processes and helping to manage our relationships with external parties such as our bank and the local tax authorities.
As the scope and scale of our work in Africa grows, the Accounting team structure and processes will also change. Your ability to be flexible and adaptable, and your willingness to support wherever needed, are critical to our joint success.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Record accounts payable transactions.
- Review and process staff expense reports.
- Train new staff in how to submit invoices and prepare expense reports.
- Engage in all aspects of month-end and year-end closing processes including preparing and reviewing general ledger journal entries, account analysis and management reporting.
- Assist in development and implementation of new processes and internal control policies.
- Support external audits including preparation of working papers.
- Assist in compilation of working papers for tax compliance including statutory direct and indirect tax filings and audits.
- Support other departments with financial and accounting issues.
- Work closely with team members to advance team goals and help meet deliverables.
- Perform ad hoc projects and/or duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree or diploma in Accounting.
- Minimum three (3) years of post-graduate experience in an Accounting role.
- Working knowledge of technical accounting practices and experience in developing reports.
- Solid understanding of accounting and reporting software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Prophix, and Concur would be an asset.
- High level of proficiency with current technology including; Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent business and financial analytical skills.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English required.
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- Excellent initiative and possess a “take charge” attitude and sense of ownership.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Deadline for Applications is April 27, 2021
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.