Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign.
As a key member of the Senior Client Solutions Team, the Business Manager, is responsible for supporting the Head of Client Solutions with the delivery of the of the Standard Bank Client Solutions strategy in Kenya.
The focus of the Business Manager is to ensure that the Client Solutions operating model is fit for purpose and on coordination, execution (mostly technical) and follow-up of day to day actions generated by the Head of Client Solutions across the business and overseeing a programme of strategic projects relevant to the segment.
Included in the scope is the provision of capacity to the Client Solutions team for ad hoc, strategic or other prioritised pieces of work.
The Business Manager will work closely with the Head of Client Solutions for matters relating to client experience across the business.
- Support strategy formulation and execution
- Support the Head of Client Solutions with the formulation of strategy and the overall process of executing against the strategy.
- Monitoring, measurement and reporting on progress against the strategy and KPIs.
- Collaborate closely with internal Client Solutions stakeholders, Wholesale, Business and Commercial and, Consumer and High Networth stakeholders, Corporate Functions and stakeholders in core territories to kick off new work streams, coordinate efforts, monitor, review and report on progress against plans or objectives.
- Client experience
- Identify day-to-day service issues and high touch activities – monitor progress and get involved to “do whatever it takes” to ensure successful resolution in terms of client experience.
- Identify trends in complaints or day-to-day issues and recommend or implement improvements as appropriate.
- Coordinate client survey interpretation and actions.
- Implement “quick win” best practice client experience initiatives.
- Compile monthly Client Solutions report (and various variants) for submission to bank Leadership Council, Client Solutions Leadership Council, and other Group and Africa Regions Client Solutions Leadership Councils.
- Take ownership of Client Solutions meeting calendar and ensure coordination, arrangement, paper distribution and proactive planning of agendas.
- Compile reports and generate appropriate management information where appropriate or coordinate report preparation in line with agreed standards.
- Client Solutions Operations
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Functions to ensure that operations of Client Solutions are run effectively and efficiently within the context of the Client Solutions operating model,
- Understand and analyse costs
- Monitor impact on service standards and SLAs
- Liaise with all business and Corporate Functions and (non-core) product to ensure seamless client origination, maintenance and reporting
- Facilitate, monitor and track the implementation, maintenance and management of an effective system of controls throughout Client Solutions, covering non-financial as well as financial controls;
- Facilitate the establishment and coordination of appropriate standards of Service across Client Solutions and monitor compliance therewith.
- Provide streamlined middle and back-office support to Business Units – design and manage processes.
- Client Solutions Programme Management
- Manage, monitor and report on progress of Client Solutions projects
- Support Client Solutions projects and programmes as and when required
- Products Management Support
- Support the sales teams in conceptualisation and development of new products.
- Support the relevant product governance teams e.g. NACS process as far as Client Solutions is concerned.
- Support the budgeting formulation and revision process as per Standard Bank guidelines.
- Support ongoing product management and maintenance.
- Development of appropriate sales/service support tools.
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to ensure all financial systems, processes, controls and reporting are fit for purpose as agreed with the Head of Client Solutions:
- Produce business-specific management information
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines
- Coordinate the compilation of a yearly budget for Client
- Solutions and Rolling Forecasts as required by Finance. Provide context and variance analyses to substantiate the numbers in line with the agreed strategic plan.
- Strategic Initiatives – Support Business Development
- Provide research and capacity for the evaluation of new opportunities on a case by case basis
- Provide research and capacity for the tracking and monitoring of benefit realisation on various important Client Solutions initiatives
- Client Solutions Team
- Business Functions (Wholesale, Business & Commercial and Consumer & High Networth)
- Corporate Functions
- Group Client Solutions business heads, and relevant staff across jurisdictions
- External Service providers, as and when established.
Key performance measures
- 25% = Client Solutions KPI Dashboard – as agreed (annually) – will include:
- Financial measures;
- Client focused measures;
- Measures covering people, process and risk.
- 75% = Individual KPIs
- Annual planning and budgeting
- Client Solutions meeting calendar, appropriate agendas and management information
- Client experience
- Monitoring and performance of Client Solutions operations
- Programme management effectiveness
- Integrity of segment info and client lists
- Ad hoc request performance
- Quality and effectiveness of collaboration with stakeholders
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum appropriate financial or investment degree – postgraduate qualification would be an advantage
- Proven track record in the financial services industry at a senior level