Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the positions listed below:
Laboratory Technologists (Locum)
Locations: Kisumu, Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia, Homabay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet And Narok
Vacancy No: AKHK/MDLT/L/002
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintaining records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
- Receive and process specimens, release patients result and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration, and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 30th May 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g., “RADIOGRAPHER AKHK/MDRD/L/003.’’
Do state the preferred outreach in your application letter.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, or medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.”