Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Lead Project Manager
Contract: One year rolling contract, 3 month probation
Salary: Competitive, reflective of the candidates experience and skills
Davis & Shirtliff is working with an international partner to establish an entity that will develop a new water supply concept that utilises pay-as-you-go technology to deliver a range of services to small holder farmers and communities. The entity will be structured as an independent company with other shareholding partners.
Using Davis & Shirtliff’s established infrastructure to bring good quality equipment to market, and its proven ability to service customers across a range of markets, the new entity is now seeking to employ a senior project lead to help use smart digital technology to develop this opportunity.
The Lead Project Manager will work closely with the management teams in D&S and its partners to plan and implement this new concept that is currently at prototype stage. The overall purpose is to help establish a new and scalable line of business taking a very hands-on approach in coming months which, if successful, will see this person growing and managing a high performing team as the market opportunity evolves.
The Lead Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management and delivery of a number of tasks related to this new business opportunity. These include:
Testing the equipment prototypes and ready them for deployment to market, with a clearly defined set of performance metrics to achieve including technical performance, customer acceptance, field support etc.
Coordinate the gathering and synopsis of feedback from the market trials and prepare the equipment and business model for market launch.
Liaise with technology leads to extend the M2M application to key equipment suppliers, readying the venture for a commercial and technical introduction.
Refinement of the proposed business model to take account of early-stage feedback from the market as well as wider sector observations from other players in the space as well as potential funders.
Direct contributions to a human resource plan to find and grow a high performing team aligned to a five-year business plan.
The role is based at the Davis& Shirtliff offices in Nairobi with frequent field trips and potentially some international travel as the business becomes established.
- Work Planning & Monitoring
- Development of work plans relating to the testing and refinement of prototype technology and products currently in test and deployment from ‘lab’ stage into field usage.
- Planning for a scale up of pilot trials to a full market introduction.
- Relationship Management
- Establish relationships with suppliers of key technologies / equipment and lead the development of longer term engagement plans, working with Executives from D&S and its partners.
- Financial Management
- Ensuring projects are aligned and delivered in accordance with project budgets.
- Risk Management
- Monitoring and management of project risks, and communicating potential impact to the colleagues, other stakeholders and internal reporting mechanisms.
- HR Management
- Define and help plan a human resource strategy for future growth opportunities
- Reporting to Technical Director.
- Plan, prepare and report to shareholders on a monthly basis the projects’ activities and financial results.
- Develop critical path or project flow diagrams to plan, set and evaluate progress on project tasks.
- Holders of an Upper 2nd class honours degree in Engineering or closely related field from a recognized institution.
- PMP qualification or equivalent for project management
Experience & Skills:
- Background in digital equipment control with a good knowledge of IOT & M2M automation.
- Experience in relevant product applications, preferably in the water and energy sectors.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of relevant project management experience together with proven ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Focused and self-motivated approach to work.
- Computer skills including MS Office packages and MS Project
- Capable of effectively managing a team of engineers and technicians.
- Possess high personal and professional integrity.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and self-starter
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the water and energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply for the role before 15th May 2021.