Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Introduction: Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is a global development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services, supplies, and economic empowerment for youth. DSW with funding from KfW, Bayer healthcare and CIFF in partnership with Directorate of Youth (MoICTIYA) and Triggerise is implementing a voucher based youth empowerment program-Vijana Vuka na Afya (VIVA- ITH) aimed at Improving access to reproductive health services and vocational training opportunities for youth 15-24 years in the Informal settlements of Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu counties.
DSW seeks to recruit a Project Assistant.
Place of Work: Kisumu.
Reporting to: Project Coordinator.
General areas of responsibility: The main task for the Project Assistant is to support the VIVA –ITH project implementation in Kisumu. The Project Assistant will support the VIVA project officer in the day to day implementation of project activities.
Overall Goal: The Project Assistant supports the Programs and Projects department in successfully implementing Project goals. This position reports to the Project Coordinator.
S /He is responsible for youth organising and social mobilisation and coordination of capacity building actions at the project site to ensure the realisation of project objectives.
- Support the implementation of all project activities in liaison with the Project Officer.
- Support the implementation the DSW-supported program activities that complement the Youth Empowerment Initiative.
- Participate in partner meetings at the county level and support periodic project reviews and reflections.
- Undertake regular visits to project areas to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
- Support the preparation of quality and timely project reports in accordance with the project document.
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
- Support documentation of lessons and actions to profile project outcomes.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience
- Diploma in community development or related field with at least 3 years’ working experience in an NGO setting.
- Trainings in participatory methodologies and an added advantage.
- Good understanding of youth and women empowerment and Reproductive health issues.
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- High level of personal integrity.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “Project Assistant-VIVA” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 4th May, 2021 COB.
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to persons who are Kenyan Citizens or those with the right to work in Kenya.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.