Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Coastal Wellness Project Manager
Global Trauma Project (GTP) is a capacity-building organization located in Kenya, that supports local providers around the world to develop, implement, and strengthen, trauma-informed initiatives for healing and transformation. GTP operates with a very lean structure, yet maintains a growing, but impactful, portfolio of projects. Our work serves to improve individual and community wellness, and serves as a foundation for effective education, peace-building, livelihood, and health initiatives. GTP operates a training and fellowship program for community providers, focused on increasing wellbeing and reduction of various forms of violence. We are currently implementing two projects in Kenya’s coastal counties, and are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage our Coastal initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
Grant & Project Management
- Ensure solid and effective grant management of projects (including financial and programmatic
- Ensure timely and effective financial and work planning, in line with grant requirements
- Ensure monitoring of expenditures and project activities
- Ensure preparation and timely submission of high quality, financial and programmatic reports, as per grant requirements
- Ensure all aspects of project implementation runs smoothly
- Conduct Weekly meetings with community team leaders to monitor progress, and identify matters of concern and support problem solving
- Train team leaders on data collection and reporting
- Ensure team leaders submit weekly activity reports and review accordingly
- Support selection and induction of program fellowship applicants
- Conducts weekly meetings with fellows to ensure logistical support and coordination
- Participate in training as required to become familiar with GTP framework
- Monitor attendance and performance of fellows
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings to address upcoming technical or operational issues
- Train program fellows in data collection and reporting
- Oversee and support impact assessment in order to generate quality final report for the donor
- Onboard 1 project officer to support operations Partnerships & Coordination
- Ensure continuous good relations and collaborations with all stakeholders involved
- Ensure GTP is well represented in meetings, workshops, and technical working groups; and positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Team Management – Manage and support all team members and project participants according to needs and funds available. Initiate recruitment of new staff as required; draft contracting and performance appraisals; identify team members’ capacities and needs; and ensure their performance and contributions are adequate for the project’s needs.
- Program Design . As required, provide support in identifying new opportunities for funding and technical partnerships
- As needed, develop project proposals and support development of budgets
Reports to: Assigned Supervisor
Supervises: Project assistant, team leaders, and fellows
- BA or MA degree from an accredited, international institution in one of the following relevant fields: international development, social sciences, and/or project management, with 5 years of experience in program management and coordination.
- Technical / Professional:
- Proven experience in successfully managing (planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting) projects with budgets above 100,000 USD
- Ability to coordinate and develop the capacity of teams
- Ability to identify and solve conflicts and problems
- Ability to effectively facilitate and coordinate meetings
- Ability to produce written reports in English at a high, global standard
- Very familiar with the Kenyan context
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct
- GTP work environment requires:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up organization, with a lean structure, and highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness and ability to give and receive tough, direct feedback
- Ability to produce high quality results, while working independently without micro-management
- Personal qualities, values and commitments:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional behaviour and achievement when working alone and in a team
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with little support
- Highly trustworthy and works with integrity
- Positive, creative, and inspiring team player
- Committed to upholding trauma-informed values and wellbeing
- Capacity for introspection and honest self-assessment
- Values inclusivity and respects diversity including race, sexual and gender orientation, religion etc.
Interested and qualified persons, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to email@example.com by close of business 28th April 2021.
Email subject: “Application Project Manager”
Application to include ALL of the following:
CV (not exceeding 4 pages), including 3 references.
Motivational letter (1 page maximum)
Writing sample (min. 500 words.) Examples include but not limited to: program report, grant application, research paper, etc. written by applicant.