Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company with 300+ employees.
What you will do
Our Human Resource team keeps Moko’s office running efficiently so that we can deliver on our customer’s dreams. From supporting the hiring and onboarding of new team members, maintaining employee records to payroll processing, the HR assistant will help to coordinate the day-to-day administrative and HR processes. You’ll work closely with members of our management team, making this a great development opportunity for anyone early in their human resource and administration career.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the production and talent teams in hiring of casuals and sending out correspondence to new/prospective hires
- Supporting the onboarding and orientation of new team members
- Supporting in disciplinary processes and coordinating with the respective managers in sending out correspondence related to disciplinary actions
- Supporting in offboarding of team members leaving the company and ensuring that all company assets are well accounted for
- Reviewing and approving staff loans and advances requests received from the different operations-level staff members
- Managing the attendance data and leave application process to ensure that every team member’s leave days are updated in the system
- Supporting in payroll processing and ensuring that it is processed on a timely basis
- Ensuring accurate data entry relating to working hours in the production and operation teams
- Acting as the finance liaison on matters relating to the team’s employment issues and handling queries relating to pay calculations
- Filing of statutory returns and following up to ensure these are updated in each statutory body’s respective database
- Taking custody of the team database and making sure that is always updated
Career growth and compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Are you a dream candidate?
- You have training and experience (at least 1 year) in Human Resource Management
- You have a solid understanding of employee relationships
- You enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you can plan and organize your work around specific goals
- You have the skills to implement administrative and HR processes within a team, and value the structure and predictability they bring
- You can troubleshoot problems and offer ideas about viable solutions
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing company is a big plus