Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. The Authority is mandated to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector, minimizing road traffic accidents and loss of lives resulting therefrom.
Pursuant to this mandate, the Authority seeks to recruit highly motivated, and results oriented candidates to fill the following positions:
Detailed job descriptions for the positions are as provided below.
MANAGER, SAFETY AUDITS & INSPECTION (GRADE NTSA 4) – REF: NTSA/04/2021/01
The Manager, Safety Audits and Inspection will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Safety Audits and Inspection for planning, organizing, administration and control of activities in Road Safety Audits and Inspection Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing Road Safety Audit guidelines.
• Carrying out road safety audits and inspections, road safety impact assessment, accident investigations and preparing reports.
• Organizing road safety audits, training courses and promotion of road safety audit programs.
• Reviewing all stages of road safety audits and liaising with implementing agencies to monitor compliance.
• Monitor implementation of black spot programme by other agencies.
• Attending and managing all road safety audit coordination meetings with key stakeholders.
• Preparing proposals for funding by development partners and preparing EOIs/ RFPs and bidding documents.
• Working with consultants on road safety issues and preparing progress reports on consultancies.
• Conduct Research.
• Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations.
• Providing mentoring and technical support to staff assigned to them.
• Prepare periodic reports; and
• Carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• At least ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been at a middle management position in a large organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or a Traffic related Safety/ Engineering field from a recognized institution.
• Attended Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Should also be a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board.
• Qualified and experienced in undertaking road safety audits.
• Experience in detailed design of roads.
• Experience in traffic crash investigation, analysis and prevention
• At least three years of relevant experience in road safety audits & work zone traffic management and collision investigation
• Experience and knowledge in traffic, road safety or general civil engineering projects.
• Experience and a working knowledge in relevant design standards i.e., Road Design Manuals, Traffic Signs Manuals.
• Computer proficiency.
• Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, report and narrative setting out the findings of road safety audits & traffic crash analysis.
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of Road Safety and a thorough understanding of the Authority’s policies.
Skills and Competencies
● Proven analytical skills
● Problem-solving attitude
● Visionary, transformative and result-oriented strategic thinker.
● Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
● Strategic leadership.
● High integrity levels.
● Ability to drive change and innovation.
● Strong organization and interpersonal skills; and
● Innovative and flexible in acquisition of new Technical skills.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer. If you possess the required skills and competencies that match the above roles, please submit your application, detailed CV, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB for Graduates, EACC clearance certificate and Certificate of Good Conduct /Confirmation of Application from Criminal Investigations Department to reach us on or before 12 May 2021 by 5.00 pm addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority,
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road,
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.