Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. The Authority is mandated to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector, minimizing road traffic accidents and loss of lives resulting therefrom.
Pursuant to this mandate, the Authority seeks to recruit highly motivated, and results oriented candidates to fill the following positions:
Detailed job descriptions for the positions are as provided below.
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, ROAD SAFETY AUDIT (GRADE NTSA 6) – REF:NTSA/04/2021/02
The Principal Officer will be responsible to the Manager, Road Safety Audits and Inspection for planning, organizing, administration and control of activities in Road Safety Audits and Inspection Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiating and reviewing road safety audit guidelines.
• Undertake road safety inspections, road safety impact assessments and road safety audits and preparation of reports
• Prepare reports on road safety audits compliance by road agencies and county governments.
• Monitor & evaluate network safety performance, effectiveness of infrastructure interventions.
• Undertake traffic crash data analysis and compile reports.
• Develop black spot programme in liaison with other agencies and monitor implementation.
• Preparing Proposals for funding by development partners
• Prepare EOIs/ RFPs and Bidding documents
• Work with consultants on road safety audit consultancies.
• Attending all road safety audit coordination meetings with key stakeholders
• Coordinate the utilization of the staff under him/her in the Department.
• Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations, and
• Prepare relevant periodic reports
• Carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time as instructed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• At least eight (8) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory position in the Public/Private sector.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or a Traffic related Safety/ Engineering field from a recognized institution.
• Attended Supervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Qualified and experienced in undertaking road safety audits.
• Experience in detailed design of roads.
• Experience in traffic crash investigation, analysis and prevention
• Experience and knowledge in Traffic, Road Safety or General Civil Engineering projects.
• Experience and a working knowledge in relevant design standards i.e., Road Design Manuals, Traffic Signs Manuals etc
• Computer proficiency.
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good communications skills both oral & written.
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
• Should also be a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board.
Skills and Competencies
● Proven analytical skills
● Problem-solving attitude
● Visionary, transformative and result-oriented strategic thinker.
● Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
● Strategic leadership.
● High integrity levels.
● Ability to drive change and innovation.
● Strong organization and interpersonal skills; and
● Innovative and flexible in acquisition of new Technical skills.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer. If you possess the required skills and competencies that match the above roles, please submit your application, detailed CV, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB for Graduates, EACC clearance certificate and Certificate of Good Conduct /Confirmation of Application from Criminal Investigations Department to reach us on or before 12 May 2021 by 5.00 pm addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority,
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road,
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.