Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October 2012. The Authority is mandated to effectively manage the road transport sub-sector, minimizing road traffic accidents and loss of lives resulting therefrom.
Pursuant to this mandate, the Authority seeks to recruit highly motivated, and results oriented candidates to fill the following positions:
Detailed job descriptions for the positions are as provided below.
PRINCIPAL INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER – DATABASE ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT (NTSA GRADE 6) – REF: NTSA/04/2021/03
Reporting to the Manager ICT Projects, the Principal ICT Officer (Database Administration and Management) will be responsible for the daily management of the Authority’s databases for high service availability, integrity, and security. The Database Administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the Authority, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
• Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
• Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
• Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
• Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
• Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
• Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
• Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
• Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
• Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
• Optimize new and current database systems
• Define security and backup procedures
• Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
• Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
Key Qualifications and Experience:
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
• At least eight (8) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory position in the Public/Private sector.
• Minimum of 3 years Specific Experience in Database Administration
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Proven work experience as a Database Administrator, Databases Manager, Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Experience in gathering and analyzing system requirements
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL and Oracle
• 11g Oracle Certified professional or Microsoft SQL Certification is mandatory.
• Experience in Database administration with MySQL, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c is mandatory.
Skills and Competencies
● Proven analytical skills
● Problem-solving attitude
● Visionary, transformative and result-oriented strategic thinker.
● Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
● Strategic leadership.
● High integrity levels.
● Ability to drive change and innovation.
● Strong organization and interpersonal skills; and
● Innovative and flexible in acquisition of new Technical skills.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer. If you possess the required skills and competencies that match the above roles, please submit your application, detailed CV, current remuneration level, email, telephone contacts, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, HELB for Graduates, EACC clearance certificate and Certificate of Good Conduct /Confirmation of Application from Criminal Investigations Department to reach us on or before 12 May 2021 by 5.00 pm addressed to:
National Transport and Safety Authority,
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road,
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.