Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pezesha, has created a holistic financial marketplace for MSMEs. By offering lending, financial education, and debt counselling to borrowers, plus a proprietary credit scoring system to vet MSMEs without a credit history, de-risking lending to SMEs. Lower Risks bring commercial banks and capital providers onto Pezesha platform. As a collaborative structure, Pezesha is helping to tackle the $19 Billion financing gap for SMEs. Pezesha is led by a highly experienced and passionate local team with more than 10 years local and international experience in fin-tech, management of growth and technology companies, and unparalleled local market knowledge and reach.
Who we are
Pezesha is an online marketplace for business loans. We connect MSMEs to affordable working capital and other financial services through a collaborative approach with capital providers such as banks, MFIs and other Financial Institutions or networks. Capital providers connect on our platform to be matched with pre-qualified MSMEs using our proprietary credit scoring technology, Patascore.
We have an ambitious growth plan to target 100,000 SMEs in 2021 across Africa by enabling them with affordable working capital. We are operational in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria and during the next 24 months, we plan to expand our lending infrastructure to other markets in both across East and West Africa. It is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work with our impactful and dynamic team. The Data Engineer will work closely with our Data Scientist and software engineers to deliver scalable products to our customers and partners. The primary responsibility will be to design and build data management systems and data pipelines related to advanced analytics and data science platforms.
- Gather and address technical and Data design requirements.
- Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate data infrastructure and integrating the best practices and standards.
- Understand and implement data engineering best practices
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipeline(s)
- Build new API integrations
- Design and implement end to end data integrations and frameworks
- Work closely with data governance and technology practice areas
- Understand and maintain data schemas and architectures
- Choose proper storage technologies for scalable Data Science projects and Applications
- Understand and architect ETL processes
- Architect and maintain analytics data lake/warehouse
- BSc degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Masters is a plus.
- 3-5 years minimum, hands-on experience deploying production quality code
- Professional experience using Python, Java, or Scala for data processing (Python preferred)
- At least 3 years hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale.
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline tools (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, dbt)
- Strong knowledge in Kafka/ Kinesis/ Spark is a big plus.
- Experience in developing APIs (REST & SOAP protocols).
- Experience in using GCP and its resources/services.
- Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadooop. etc.)
- Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers. (Kubernetes K8S)
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaborate with other team members, multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 18/DATA ENGINEER). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In your application kindly add/attach the information below to email@example.com
- At least one project that you have worked on:
- Send a URL to the live website
- Send the source code as a zip file or as a repository URL
- Attach your up to date CV
- Interviews will be on a rolling basis until June 2021