Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 2,700 active Fresh Life Toilets serving over 100,000 urban residents every single day. We collect and convert over 6,000 tons of waste every year.
Sanergy transforms the way emerging cities like Nairobi handle their waste. We have created a zero-waste model to clean up fast growing cities by converting polluting organic and sanitation waste streams into valuable products that increase economic growth and promote sustainable agriculture. We safely collect and treat 12,000 tons of organic waste annually – sanitation, municipal, and agricultural waste – and convert it into valuable products: insect-based proteins derived from black soldier flies for animal feed, organic fertilizer, which restores soil quality and structure, and biomass fuel briquettes. This model ensures waste that would otherwise harm the environment is transformed into high-quality sustainable products. At the same time, we have built a team of 250 dedicated team with diverse backgrounds. Our work has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa
We are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Finance Manager to join the corporate finance team.
A typical day for you might include the following:
- Financial Performance:
- Develop and dashboard primary operational drivers for all Operations related business units
- Month-end operational updates for the Board.
- Build rolling 12M budgets and forecasts with each manager monthly, and specifically helping operational teams build systems for Cost Accounting.
- Develop and analyse with each Team Lead their monthly Business Unit specific financial statements and rolling 60m forecast
- Develop and keep up to date rolling Organizational 60M financial model.
- Scenario Planning:
- Develop and maintain detailed models for downside and upside scenario planning that will drive capital financing for rolling 60M Capital investments.
- Conduct analysis for capital investments at the project, business unit, and organization levels to drive internal investment decisions.
- Capital Financing:
- Develop detailed capital financing strategy, including structured finance products, to optimize the cost of capital for each cash need across the organization
- Develop and own the financing pipeline for each type of capital financing strategy identified
- Build and maintain models that can be shared with new funders
- Develop and maintain investment memos, decks, and other communication needed for new funders
- Build systems to organize and answer information and data requested by new funders
- Lead the fundraising process for all capital needs across the organization
- Evaluate and negotiate financing terms with existing and new funders
- Develop and implement a re-financing strategy for existing capital as needed
Skills and qualifications you’ll need:
- 4+ years overall experience in high performing operating and investing roles, including:
- 2+ years experience in investment banking, venture capital, or private equity investing; focus on technology investing in emerging markets strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with a high growth start-up or management consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- Extensive business and financial modelling skills
- Experience in project management, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars:
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have:
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
Please submit your updated resume and cover letter by 30th May 2021.