Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Administrative Officer, P4
Organisational Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP’s Science Division is responsible for analyzing the state of the global environment, providing early warning information and assessing global and regional environmental trends to catalyze and promote international cooperation and action on the environment. This post is located in the Administrative Unit of the Science Division at the Nairobi duty station.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director and within delegated authority, the incumbent will contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Science Division by coordinating its administrative, human resources functions as well as financial, budgetary and/or programmatic activities of the Climate Services and Capacity Building Unit. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties: General Administration:
- Implements and monitors support services, including procurement of supplies and services; transport, travel and traffic, communications, engineering and information technology support; and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
- As the Quality Analyst for the Division, review, clear and provide guidance on all Legal Instruments to ensure they are in line with UNEPs Partnership Policy, Due Diligence of the Partners has been undertaken and correct templates are used.
- Supervises a staff team and/or provide advice to others on human resource administration, financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
- Produces major/complex reports for management. Provides expert guidance and leadership to more junior staff.
- Performs other related duties as required, e.g., reviews of Secretariat offices and departments at headquarters/missions, operational travel programme, adequacy of departmental space requirements, and technology requirements. Performs other related work as required.
Human Resource Management:
- Initiates and coordinates actions covering the entire span of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provides expert advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Provides advice and direction to senior management in the Division on workforce planning and other HR related issues to foster sound decision-making. Represents the Division at Departmental Panels and appointment bodies.
- Leads on post and staffing table management including funding for the respective posts. Reviews post incumbency reports for purposes of vacancy management and staffing table control.
- Leads, oversees and coordinates the preparation and implementation of the work program and budget to ensure compatibility with work priorities and objectives, taking into account the most effective use of resources.
Click here to apply Deadline is 17th May,2021