Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Organisational Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
This position is located in the Administrative Services Unit, Ecosystems Division, at the Nairobi duty station. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- May act as Certifying Officer on behalf of and in the absence of programme managers at offices outside of headquarters.
- Provides support with respect to the review, analyses and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Prepares supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Undertakes research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Monitors integrity of various financial databases.
- Verifies accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
- Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Reviews, analyses and prepares payments to third-parties, commercial entities, with respect to settlement of certified death and disability, contingent-owned equipment, stores, pay and allowances, and letters of assist claims.
- Assists staff members, Fund Management Officers and donors regarding queries on payment and deposit-related issues.
- Keeps up to date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Drafts or prepares correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date files.
- May be responsible for providing guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary training in… Candidates must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally administered test at Offices Away from Headquarters. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Secretariat. Having passed the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) in English at Headquarters, ECA, ESCWA, UNOG, UNOV, ICTR, or ICTY may be recognized in place of the GGST, pending confirmation of validity. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required
Working experience in grants management, funds management and financial management modules using an Enterprise Resources Planning System such as Umoja or other is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of “confident” in two of the four areas.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This position is open for recruitment for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension. Appointment against this post is on a local basis.
This post is funded for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension. Pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules, appointment against this post is on a local basis. External candidates will be considered only when no suitable internal candidate from the duty station is identified. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
Click here to apply Deadline is 6th May,2021