Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a registered Clinical Officer to be based in Nyandarua County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Facility in Charge, the Clinical Officer will be responsible for providing HIV/TB related treatment services at supported sites as a member of the clinical team. He/she will ensure that optimal standard of care is achieved in line with National guidelines, client satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
- Management and coordination of HIV/TB clinic activities
- Assist and work together with other clinic team members in support of all the CCC activities
- Ensure proper patient management of HIV/TB is done in line with National guidelines
- Provide adherence counselling and implementation of clinical aspects of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention Program (PHDP) to clients attending the clinic
- Ensure optimal standard of care is achieved by establishing and maintaining the use of nationally approved clinical guidelines and protocols and, with the help of the care manager, updating ones’ knowledge of HIV/AIDs management using evidence-based practice
- Counsel clients on compliance to treatment
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks and educational materials
- Ensure the maintenance of patient confidentiality
- Ensure integration of HIV services in OPD, MCH, inpatient and other outpatient clinics
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs) to discuss complicated cases
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient-level outcomes
- Participate and contribute to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, mentorship, sensitisation and updates
- Mentor and supervise other health care professionals to assist in the provision of HIV care
- Ensure complete documentation in various HIV care-related tools as recommended
- Provide regular feedback to care staff/ facility management on work-related concerns
- Any other duties which the Supervisor may assign from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Basic Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery from Kenya Medical Training College or any recognised institution
- Valid practice License from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- Work experience in Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC) or MCH is preferable
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and deliver results under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com, clearly indicating the subject title: Registered Clinical Officer CHSI/RCO/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.