Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req14453
Job Title: M&E Assistant
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Under the supervision of the M&E Manager, the M&E Assistant will be supporting in data collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms in health, Nutrition, WPE and RH/HIV programs Key responsibilities will be building the capacity among EMR / information systems users at the facility level and administration level within the IRC Health program. She/he will coordinate with program teams in sharing monitoring and evaluation information and support in preparation and dissemination of program lessons and reports.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in implementation of the Electronic Medical Records implementation in Kakuma.
- Coding and indexing of diagnosis of inpatient files/emergency files as per MOH requirement.
- DHIS even assemble and cleaning data before entering into DHIS 2.
- Take lead in quarterly data review meetings at facility level, sector level and camp level.
- Support in conducting of routine data quality audit.
- Compile weekly surveillance disease trends and share with the relevant health teams.
- Uploading DHIS daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Share ad-hoc reports as the need arises by the program teams.
- Updating whiteboards across the facilities.
- Supporting program staff with provision of data collection tools development, deployment and supervision of use.
- Supervision of filing and general data management at the facilities.
- Supervising Monitoring and Evaluation incentives staffs.
- BSC in Health Records & Information Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related field.
- Diploma in Health Information management, Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent with at least 3 years of field experience.
- Digital literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access.
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata).
Required Experience & Proficiencies
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods.
- Experience in use of data to advise decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring.
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills(Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Standout colleague.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must implement to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.