Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Laterite is a data, research and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyse complex development challenges.
We define ourselves by our ability to embrace and deploy innovative research technologies and methodologies. We use an anti-disciplinary approach, borrowing methods not only from econometrics but other fields as well. Incorporating these latest innovations in our project work and introducing them to our clients motivates us. We strive to play an active role in transforming development research, to make it more rigorous and impactful.
Laterite is looking for an experienced human resources professional to lead efforts to meet our strategic people’s objectives. The role will be focused on helping develop and retain staff across the organization. The People’s manager will be responsible for putting systems in place to provide long-term visibility on careers at Laterite, to empower managers at Laterite and to maintain well-being across the organization. The Manager will also be responsible for helping us reinforce the ethos of the team as we grow, including our culture, the spirit of learning and discovery and our focus on rigor and structure. The position is open in any of our country offices.
Job description & key responsibilities
As a People Manager, you will be responsible for leading Laterite’s human resources and establishing processes to ensure top-notch staff recruitment, development, growth and retention at Laterite. You will:
- Identify, develop and implement program/systems that facilitate staff learning, growth and retention, and ensure that learning and growth opportunities are equitably accessed
- Review career paths to ensure staff are provided with individual career plans and longer-term visibility on their potential growth trajectory
- Review current systems for performance evaluation to ensure they align with Laterite’s strategic learning objectives and enable staff to grow professionally
- Strengthen decision-making processes around staff promotions, including reviewing transition points between roles and teams
- Put in place systems to assess staff needs, ensuring their wellbeing and pre-empting emerging issues
- Strengthen overall management through coaching, regular advice, and other initiatives to managers
- Work with Laterite’s leadership to introduce structures, systems and initiatives that will help us maintain our team ethos as we grow, including the team culture, the innovation spirit and the emphasis we place on research quality
- Lead the recruitment function at Laterite with the support of an HR Associate to ensure we continue to attract the best talent
- Master’s degree in human resources, business or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role within a professional services environment (e.g., consultancy, start-up), or in an international development organization.
- Proven work experience in people/ talent management.
- Demonstrated ability working with senior management teams to improve how organizations support career growth including performance reviews, promotion decisions, and professional development
- Demonstrated experience developing systems to improve staff experience, retention and general well-being
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
Please upload your CV via our online application form: https://form.jotform.com/211031647153546. You will also be asked to submit a personal statement describing (maximum two-pages) your experience with developing, or improving existing people-oriented functions such as personal development or career progression. Please use examples from your own experience and give us details about the challenges you faced and how you addressed them. Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP.